The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Party Poker (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5365)

JDMcNugent7 01-27-06 06:01 PM

Party Poker

First of all.... HOLY CRAP - these ppl are HORRIBLE
i dont understand how one site can have so many worse players than another - and i really didn't beleive it would be much different, but WoW, I'm just playin $1/2 cuz i only have $1,000 on there right now, but it is insane - so far all ive done is taken horrible beats tho - but i dont even care, these guys are so bad i should be makin alot very soon.

Second, i cant get the party search feature to work - i search a player - and it just says their name and then a (0) right next to it - even when they are playing - anybody know how to fix it or wut im doin wrong ?

Boobie Lover 01-27-06 06:03 PM

Yeah, Party players are awful.

Whenever a person comes up as that it means that they have blocked themselves from being searched upon.

PShabi 01-27-06 06:04 PM

I love it!!!! It's so true, but don't spread the word too much, okay?;)

You have an option to hide yourself from search if you want. If you do, you'll appear the same way to others who search for you while you're playing.

Other people are logged in but not sitting I think.

JDMcNugent7 01-27-06 06:18 PM

k thx guys ,
the more i play the more insane it is - its like just about every player at 1/2 is always on some Crazy Tilt.

Looks like i will be playing alot of cash tables on party - tournies on stars from now on.

thrash1294 01-27-06 07:44 PM

Oh great now I have to go download it:p

Talking Poker 01-27-06 08:10 PM

Now you're getting it, kid!

Talking Poker 01-27-06 08:11 PM

Don't forget to use TP bonus codes...

PShabi 01-27-06 09:48 PM

I know it seems hard to believe, but you will occasionally find a tough table or two at any given limit. When that happens, I click the little "x" thingy and open up one of about 40 other tables.

Enjoy!!!!

2Tone 01-27-06 11:51 PM

Exactly

And this is why despite Stars having a better interface, better rewards system, less drama and infinitely better customer service/respect for their customers, I always return to Party.

Dodoubled 01-28-06 07:57 AM

So if Springsteen had written Thunder Road with Party in mind, the last line of the song might have been something like:
"It's a site full of losers but I'm pulling back in here to win ..."
Bum ... bum bum bum ba bum ... bum bum bum ba bum bum bum bum bum bum bum, bum bum bum ...

Sorry ... just got home from work, and I think I had one too many Red Bulls.
Time for bed.

PShabi 01-28-06 11:57 AM

Whooa oooa oooa, come play some hands! We're riding out tomorrow tooooo chase a backdoor flush.

Oooh oh oh party poker, oh party poker, oh party poker!

Chasing that 3-outer like a donkey in the dark, honey I know you're tilting but you can still pull some earn.

Sit back, click your mouse, Party Poker!!!!!!!!!!

JDMcNugent7 01-28-06 04:23 PM

Although in the long run i know playing party poker will be +EV for me. I can officially say the idiots are just Killing me right now. My 1,000 is down to a big $250 already. I have basically lost every big confrontation so far... AA to QQ, KK to QQ, and even KK to 33 - all in preflop. lol.

Hopefully this will turn around soon cuz i dont feel like depositing more onto the site - unless anyone knows of any bonuses ?

Dodoubled 01-30-06 06:57 AM

Way to kill the thread, McNugent! :D Pshabi and I had something reeeeeaaaaalllllllll quality going there ...

JDMcNugent7 01-30-06 12:47 PM

lol, that song was so painful i had no choice. :D

Tony Cheval 01-30-06 09:03 PM

Heh, I'm up from $25 to $36.12 at this .50/1 table after about 30 minutes, it's easy cheese all right. :D

Van_Broke 01-31-06 08:54 AM

Been thinking of pulling half my roll off of Stars and depositing at Party. Do they offer some good bonuses once in a while or is 20% the norm there? Also can you stack some bonuses there? Of course I would use TP's bonus code.

PShabi 01-31-06 09:32 AM

random bonuses available to everyone - not anymore
occasional, account-specific bonuses - well, occasionally.