The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $50 SURPRISE Contest.... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4302)

Talking Poker 12-10-05 09:36 PM

Yeah, that sounds exactly like me.

Talking Poker 12-10-05 09:43 PM

I'm actually a bit surprised that not a single person has thought of something that seems fairly obvious to me.

I'll give you a hint: I just closed it, so it's can't grow any more.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm................ how interesting. What in the world could I be talkign about?

Everyone thought 10 pages was significant for some reason, but no one thought of this. Huh.

I won't say if this is or is not the contest, but I will tell you from here on out, if I even THINK you are flooding this thread with useless or off topic posts, you'll be disqualified from winning the $50. And I just might delete your posts too.

With that said.... I think we'll get there eventually.

Oh, and that's not the contest anyway.

Confused yet? Good.

PShabi 12-10-05 09:50 PM

The first person who kills himself as a result of reading this thread wins.

Gimme a second.

Talking Poker 12-10-05 09:51 PM

Nice!

Er, no. I think someone already guessed that anyway.

wdson01 12-10-05 10:00 PM

um alright ill take a stab....your new store!!!

Zybomb 12-10-05 10:01 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am 100% done opening this thread :mad:

Talking Poker 12-10-05 10:07 PM

Me too.

GL Blibbity. Sucker.

helmuths henchman 12-11-05 06:14 AM

I remember you talking about how Pokerstars is better than Partypoker. Did you by chance close your Party or Empire account. It makes sense cause if you close it your bankroll can't grow any more. Just an idea.

helmuths henchman 12-11-05 06:18 AM

Or maybe you opened a special bank account where you were saving money until you got 10,000 dollars. Since you won your way in now you closed the account. If its closed it can't grow any more. And thats where the 50 dollar prize is coming out of. If i'm wrong on my last 2 guesses am I at least close?

rookette22 12-11-05 07:42 AM

This has to be it!

TP : You've mentioned we should 'stop' stalking you, so I was thinking maybe you wanted us doing just the opposite. So I started stalking you more and more, but didn't have a clue as to what I was searching for, until I read last night's post. ( Which btw, how mean of you to give a hint while I wasn't even around to see it :( ) Anyway, when I read this," I'll give you a hint: I just closed it, so it's can't grow any more." I went searching for all your recent locked threads.

And luckily found this one: which makes too much sense not to be the winner!

On .....

12-04-2005 : closed : Free $25 For Two New Members! @ 9:03 pm

12-04-2005 : opened : $50 Surprise Contest.... @ 9:19 pm

Well I'm thinking this has to be it...but I'm not gonna get all excited again for no reason, not until you tell me, I won! lol

Edit: Ok, had a party last nite and have a class at 1p.m., it's only 7:45 am right now.... so I'm going to grab some more zz's. Wake me up only if I won ... :p

rookette22 12-11-05 12:29 PM

Well I'm off to class ...guess my last post wasn't the winner for this contest so........w/e I tried my best this time ; so I give up!

Cya all later....

Talking Poker 12-11-05 12:43 PM

I have no diea what you are talking about or suggesting or asking.

Sorry.

Talking Poker 12-11-05 12:44 PM

Sorry, but I'm not really sure what you are talking about either.

rookette22 12-11-05 12:48 PM

Now I'm gonna be late for class but ..........

I meant you closed one contest to open this one up. Damn ...I'm gonna need to kick someone soon!

Later!

Talking Poker 12-11-05 05:00 PM

You guys missed what I was getting at. I thought it was obvious. I was suggesting that if this became the longest thread on the site, the person to break the old record would be the winner.

But that's not it.

It will happen when it happens. I just hope it's soon, because even I am tiring of this contest now. I can't speed up time though, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting until we have a winner.

Talking Poker 12-11-05 05:01 PM

And for the record... the winner of this contest will be the person WHO WINS IT.... not the person who guesses what the contest is.

rookette22 12-11-05 05:06 PM

You messin with our minds man lol

RaWrRRRRRRrrrrrr..........

Talking Poker 12-11-05 05:17 PM

Not at all. Well, not now, anyway. I've just noticed a lot of people lately writing some random theory and then wondering where their $50 is... and that's not how it works. You need to be the winner to win - not just have a theory about what needs to happen in order for someone to win.

Like, I still don't understand how me closing an old contest thread (the one asking for nominations, which I closed when I put the poll up) and starting a new contest thread has anything to do with anything. Even if those things were related (and they aren't), how does that mean someone would win $50? And why would that someone by you? Just because you noticed that I closed a thread a week ago? That seems like a pretty stupid contest, don't you think?

rookette22 12-11-05 05:54 PM

Hey I was just going by the hint you left on this thread.

You said , " I'll give you a hint: I just closed it, so it's can't grow any more."

That's where I got the notion to look up posts you closed. Oh just forget it!

rookette22 12-11-05 06:28 PM

Well you left us with nothing really. You said it was a contest and that's it. We don't have a clue as to what you want from us. You tell us you don't want us posting random stuff, but this thread is just that. We were guessing as to what the contest was about. You only just now in your last post told us to stop the guessing. Would've been loads easier if you had just said that from the start! Wouldn't have maxed out this thread for no reason.

Is it even alright to ask questions?

Talking Poker 12-11-05 06:32 PM

Well, the thread you found was closed a week ago. The thread I closed when I posted was the longest one on this site.

Talking Poker 12-11-05 06:35 PM

Of course. And when did I say to stop guessing? I don't remember saying that. I said guessing it correctly won't make you the winner (you'll still need to actually win), and I said that posting tons and tons of off topic posts in this thread (to make it the longest thread ever, which is what I thought SOMEONE would come up with) would get you disqualified. I never said you had to stop guessing though - that's not off topic.

rookette22 12-11-05 06:36 PM

Hmmm...you are confusing me again. :(

Is that a hint or not?

And whatever is to happen, does it happen in here or all over the forum?

rookette22 12-11-05 06:56 PM

K I'm gonna try one last time ; Total stab in the dark ! lol

Starting Session 1
Current Bankroll: $25
Total Hands Played: 0
PokerStars $1.75 NL SNG Tournament #16373167

Ending Session 1
Current Bankroll: $23.25
Total Hands Played: 37
Finished 18th

Starting Session 2
Current Bankroll: $23.25
Total Hands Played: 0
PokerStars $1.75 NL SNG Table 16378852

Ending Session 2
Current Bankroll: $21.50
Total Hands Played: 53 hands
Finished 10th

Talking Poker 12-11-05 07:28 PM

Good question.

Answer: Not in here. Not directly, anyway.

I don't think.