The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blackjackers of the world, unite! (UB-AP merger on monday?) (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8887)

BDMK 11-04-06 01:18 AM

Blackjackers of the world, unite! (UB-AP merger on monday?)

oh brother...now just finally drop all the pretenses and call it UBJ! :D

Hot Rumor: Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker to Announce Merger Monday
November 03, 2006
John Caldwell

PokerNews.com has learned that two of the more longstanding online poker brands are set to merge. The poker world is buzzing with rumors that Ultimate Bet, and Absolute Poker are set to announce their long-rumored merger on Monday.

Details are slim at press time, and while speculation is that the brand retained may be the UB brand, it appears in the short term that the both brands will stay independent. More rampant speculation has the two staffs merging, with the additional twist of some of the long standing faces associated with the brands possibly moving on.

Both rooms have sizeable player bases, and if a merger could successfully combine the two player pools, the resulting room would instantly move up to near the top in terms of market share.

More mergers like this are inevitable, as the rooms jockey for position in the wake of the passing of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act. Neither party immediately returned correspondence seeking comment. Stay tuned to PokerNews.com for more on this developing story.

eejit101 11-04-06 12:39 PM

if this happens it will suck

PShabi 11-04-06 01:16 PM

Because?

BrianSwa 11-04-06 03:33 PM

yea

im interested to know why also?

BDMK 11-04-06 06:44 PM

i dont think it will 'suck' in any particular way (UB and AP for that matter both 'suck' IMHO regardless)... i just find it funny that the two 'poker' sites who have less and less to do with poker per se on a daily basis are getting together...

Talking Poker 11-04-06 10:28 PM

Add me to the list as well.

:confused:

Boobie Lover 11-04-06 10:41 PM

If Absolute adopted UB software and still allowed to buy-in for 200 BBs at NL tables, this would definately not suck.

eejit101 11-04-06 10:46 PM

if they use AP software things will suck. I dont really know what i meant by my sucking post. I guess i just hate AP more than anything

Talking Poker 11-05-06 11:48 AM

So don't play there then.

I didn't read anything about them choosing one software over the other yet. I'm sure that would be down the road, if ever. The article even specifically says the brands would remain independent for the short term.

Tony Cheval 11-05-06 03:04 PM

I don't care much for AP's software either, but I have the feeling that UB will take care of that one way or another.