The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I want to give away some money this month... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6162)

Talking Poker 04-04-06 12:39 AM

I want to give away some money this month...

I have lots of ideas (and I plan on announcing about three of them in the next couple of days).

So, what are yours?

MAYHEM45 04-04-06 12:58 AM

PS transfer: mayhem45

Whoever sends the most wins!

Talking Poker 04-04-06 01:06 AM

I like it. And as the first to respond to this thread, you may already be a winner!!!

To find out, please send $50 to TalkingPoker on Stars and wait for a response.

Wait for it............. Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiit for it..............

Keep waiting...................................... keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiting..........

ashmc2 04-04-06 01:22 AM

Alms for the poor

Do a turny or 2 for less than $10 buyin. I'm cheap, but I'd like to play with you guys. See how my passivity stands up to the elite. But not heads up. Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but my conservatism (is that a word) not the greatest style for heads up play.

Robbie Robb 04-04-06 08:03 AM

Unfortunately Ash, the minimum on PS is $10 for private tourneys. TP's hands, as has been mentioned here ad nauseam, are tied on that one.

Here's an idea: a contest. In Toronto we sorta talked about a new logo or maybe using the logo for PS avatars or something. How about a design contest that runs until the end of the month (or something like that) at which point everyone votes for their favourite?

bunny 04-04-06 08:09 AM

I just noticed you have your name on your chip. Are those custom made bought chips or PhotoShop enhanced?

Robbie Robb 04-04-06 08:34 AM

Actually it's completely drawn in Paint Shop Pro. I had a scan of a chip that I started working with and realized that it looked like ass so I deleted the scan and drew a chip, then put the logo inside it. It works well on here but it would look horrible any smaller. The original logo was 326x320 and it looks amazing at that size, but the smaller it gets, the worse it looks...

I actually made it for two reasons: new avatar here AND to use as the dock icon on my desktop to launch my Poker Stats Excel spreadsheet I have. For the fun of it, I've included a screenshot of my desktop so you can see how I'm using it. Yes, this is Windows XP.

Err...um...okay, here's a LINK to the screenshot:

Apparently the forum didn't like the size of the upload... :p

bunny 04-04-06 08:42 AM

Very nice.

Did you create it yourself? Or was it a downloadable desktop image?

Nikita 04-04-06 09:01 AM

What about a tournament challenge similar to the ring game challenge you had?

So for a set time period, everyone plays in tournaments and the person with the best results win. I'm thinking you can base it on something like ROI or percentage of profits so us small stakes players can compete with you big stakes players.

It'll be based a little on the honour system, but screen shots of PT can help determine the winner on this as well.

I don't know if you want to include or exclude Sit and Gos. I think they are a variation of a tournament and don't mind if they are included.

SirFWALGMan 04-04-06 11:32 AM

Kick TP's Ass

Lets have a tourney where everyone plays HU vs TP. The winners then get to play TP again.. and so on until only one man is standing. :D

BlibbityBlabbity 04-04-06 11:40 AM

lol, that is funny....and a pretty good idea

Talking Poker 04-04-06 12:02 PM

Damn.... that would be a lot of poker for me. But everyone else would only get to play once. That's no fun.

How about we go with a similar idea and do this instead:

Talking Poker 04-04-06 12:03 PM

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Ah, that's better!

eejit101 04-04-06 12:14 PM

grrr, bloody wales.

I think you should hae a cash game battle. $25 each, 0.10/0.25, last mans tanding wins $1k?

Robbie Robb 04-04-06 12:22 PM

Leave it to you to catch the weather widget I've got up. That was taken early this morning. It's up to 5 degrees C now! :) Last week we were around 15-19 degrees (still not the 23-25 you're seeing, but nice enough for shorts!)

bunny 04-04-06 02:44 PM

Omaha 8 RACE!

100/200 Play chip tables. I'll supply the play chips. ($2 / 100k chips....you get deposit back on return of my play chips)

Buy In: $11 or whatever amount you decide on.

Refills: 8k

Goal: 1st to reach 200k wins bank + TalkingPoker prize (whatever that may be)

Options:

If more than 9 players:

1. Winner of each table splits bank + prize

2. Winner of each table plays each other at Final Table.

eejit101 04-04-06 03:03 PM

A "stake" house.

TP stakes us in tourneys on stars. We win he gets the buy in plus 50%. We lose, sorry TP.

Good chance for some free money and not a lot of outlay for TP.

Something like the $3 buy ins or something. A $4.40 180 Sng.

I dunno

kmb13592 04-04-06 07:31 PM

Give it to the person who makes his 180th post in this thread.

Or stake the person who beat you heads up in a tourney.

PShabi 04-04-06 08:29 PM

I say we have a freeroll. Any "established" member of the forum gets the password. Other "new" members should be given a couple of weeks to make at least 50 quality posts in order to "earn" the password.

Damn, I like this idea. Who's with the Shabi Shabe?

PunkyChikn 04-04-06 09:04 PM

Not to get off topic, but I adore that record.

bunny 04-04-06 09:08 PM

I don't much like freerolls. A waste of time.

But since you suggested it...I'll go along with it.

Why's that, you ask? ....everybody now........... hey TP...type it with me......

because.....................

HE'S SO DAMN CUTE!;)

LOL

ps. What's your avatar picture of?

Spuddy 04-04-06 09:20 PM

A freeroll would be very nice for someone like me! :)

I've been here for a while now..... I'm not neccessary the most known user, but I would love a chance to play against you guys :D

Robbie Robb 04-04-06 09:37 PM

Dude, if I'd have a mouthful of pop when I read that I'd be wiping off my monitor right now.

Talking Poker 04-04-06 09:41 PM

At least I get that this was a joke.

To those clearly not in the know, we did this before and it was the single worst idea I have EVER had. This place turned into a complete mess. It was actually painful (literally) to read the forum for the few days before the tourney as legions of trolls started making dozens and dozens of complete garbage posts.

Chance of us having a freeroll (at least as described above, with the post requirements) = 0%.

Talking Poker 04-04-06 09:43 PM

I just have to ask, how exactly are freerolls a waste of time? Like, if I put up $1000 and picked 10 people from this forum to play for it - FOR FREE (no buy in required... no matter how badly you do you CAN NOT LOSE) - you'd pass because it's a waste of time?

Um.... ok.