The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   12-06 Private Tourny Results (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4348)

Zybomb 12-06-05 11:37 PM

12-06 Private Tourny Results

Well I ended up taking the tourny down. I had 3 suck outs to help me along the way...one vs pshabi Ad9d vs JJ, one vs BDMK AK vs A10 and one vs Blibbity A7 vs A? (bigger than 7)

I was pot committed after originally raising in the BDMK and Blibby ones, the shabi one I limped UTG, he made a standard raise from LP and I tried to represent Aces as the big stack and put him all in...he thought a while and called, Ace on the flop....

sorry about those :o Im not used to being the one at THAT end of the suck outs.

Final two were me and leftwing, who played a very aggressive tournament (and very good as well). He was at my table since the beginning.

The HU match went very quick, after sucking out on Blibbity, he ha da small 1500 chip lead on me, blinds were 200/400 25 ante. He raised to 1200 from the button, I had A8o and reraised to 2800.... he quickly moved his stacked in -- sitting with him the entire tourny I had a strong instinct I had the best hand, and I called pretty quick... I believe he had 95, and I hit an ace to secure it.

Final hand came on 99 (me) vs k2 (him), after a couple of button folds by each of us

left68wing 12-06-05 11:41 PM

very good game Zy. It was a lot of fun. You played well :D

2Tone 12-06-05 11:55 PM

Well done

Very sorry I missed this. Congrats Zybomb. You can't win without some good breaks, and it sounds like you made the most of them.

Talking Poker 12-07-05 01:29 AM

Suckouts, suckouts, suckouts!

I feel the need to point out that I got all my chips in with KQ vs left68wing's QJ.... which of course meant the end of me. I came over the top of him from my BB. A few hands earlier, I had raised with KQ and folded when he come over the top of me. No respect, I tells ya!

BDMK 12-07-05 02:04 AM

it was def a good tourney/learning experience for me and i enjoyed practicing my game against all of you guys.

in fact, the play 'texture' kinda reminded me of the latter stages of the big $100/$150 NLHE stars tourneys which i regularly watch-i.e., a buncha tricky, good players playing some serious poker. no 8-way allin pots there. :D

BlibbityBlabbity 12-07-05 08:05 AM

Congrats, you played very well throughout ( I think I was at your table the whole time).

I was actually the AK vs your AT hand . I raised your BB, you pushed me all in and I called.

It was a great tourney, and it makes me look forward to the league that much more! :D

Nikita 12-07-05 08:11 AM

Great game everyone. I definitely enjoyed it. And I faired better than I thought I would. If we do one of these again count me in.

PShabi 12-07-05 09:31 AM

Congrats Zy, well done.

I actually thought a lot about the hand you busted me on after the fact. I liked your play a lot actually. I liked mine better though :D .

A lot of he thinks, I think, he thinks, I think thoughts went through my head before I made the call.

Knowing your a thinking player, I thought you could be making a play. It wouldn't be too inconceivable that I could be raising light in that spot (I NEVER do that :p ).

My thought process was, what does Zy think my raise means? What would he limp UTG with? I thought small pocket, I didn't think you would with AK or AQ, but I couldn't rule it out (read: didn't want to rule it out).

After all was said and done, I just didn't think a limp/reraise was a play you would make with KK or AA at this point. The tables had just been condensed and I just didn't feel like you would be getting cute like that at the time.

Anyway, congrats again. When good players do battle, he who gets a bit of luck is often times the player who takes it down.

Talking Poker 12-07-05 12:22 PM

Sounds to me like this was a success. Maybe we should have another one next week.... another little warmup before our league kicks off next month.

Zybomb 12-07-05 04:41 PM

Shows what kind of memory I have

Zybomb 12-07-05 04:43 PM

Would the fact that you made the correct call and I raised drawing to an A or 3 diamonds have anything to do with that? :D