The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apparently, the sky just fell... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16627)

Talking Poker 04-15-11 04:26 PM

Apparently, the sky just fell...

FT, Stars, and Absolute seized by the FBI and owners indicted by the DOJ.

FML.

Live updates:

2p2 custerfuck:

Talking Poker 04-15-11 04:28 PM

Zybomb 04-15-11 04:44 PM

Yea been reading about this the past 2 hours... wow insane

Any knowledge as to if $$$$ in the accounts will be tied up a long time or what to do?

New Guy 04-15-11 05:07 PM

Its dicey !!!! I was one month into a deal with UB and this is/was going to be my first wsop wearing their patch . I hope it stays in tact. This blows !!!

Talking Poker 04-15-11 05:15 PM

Talking Poker 04-15-11 05:16 PM

Aren't you the one who was telling me how shady UB is and that I should take their link off the home page of TP.com? :rolleyes:

This is the worse day in online poker history... worse than Neteller freezing, worse than Party pulling out, etc.

Talking Poker 04-15-11 05:23 PM

The best updates seem to be coming from here:

PShabi 04-15-11 05:29 PM

I haven't read anything other than a two paragraph article from god knows where, but maybe this could be a good thing. Hit rock bottom....and then the US gets in the market, comes back with bells and whistles, and we have fish again instead of grinding for rakeback and breakeven poker? MAYBE? I'm reaching here.

New Guy 04-15-11 05:29 PM

No i said you should take off that naked poker !!! Anyways I just talked to Seebs and were still good for the wsop. This blows . All our cash is locked!!

PShabi 04-15-11 05:29 PM

Is "forever" a long time to you? I wouldn't plan on seeing any $$$ if you have it on these sites.

Robbie Robb 04-15-11 06:44 PM

Just clearing my points today and theres still 90k players on tilt and 180k on stars.

Kurn 04-15-11 07:53 PM

Tried to register for the $10 HORSE on 'Stars. Got a message saying you can't play real money tourneys from my location.

However, I can play cash games on 'Tilt

Kurn 04-15-11 08:23 PM

FYI - follow radleybalko of Reason magazine on Twitter. He's tweeting almost nonstop on this idiocy.

Kurn 04-15-11 08:25 PM

one tweet directed me to this:

Ah, isn't the hypocrisy of government beautiful!

Hey, on Monday, we can all show them what we think. DONT PAY YOUR TAXES!!!

melioris 04-15-11 08:49 PM

got these links from Pauly, at

sjay2k 04-15-11 09:08 PM

This is disastrous. I wonder how many sites will collapse due to a bank run.

Talking Poker 04-15-11 09:11 PM

orly?

Congrats on the UB sponsorship.

Talking Poker 04-15-11 09:15 PM

I would be pretty surprised if this were the case, TBH. I don't think stealing billions of dollars for U.S. citizens would be a very smart move for the DOJ.

I'm thinking it will be tied up for a long time and then paid out, kind of like the Neteller situation.

Of course, for those of us with a lot of cash staked out, recouping that money is going to be a lot more difficult. ie, if a check gets mailed to Horse X, and it's his only money in the world and he has no poker job any more, I think it's going to be mighty tempting for him to keep the money than to write me a check and mail it to me.

Hopefully everything works out for the best. It's kind of out of our control right now, so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it too much.

melioris 04-15-11 09:19 PM

hey though, it is bring out the traffic to this site, with 2+2 being down and all.......

Talking Poker 04-15-11 09:20 PM

Wow.. so much for all that "progress" from last month:

Windbreaker 04-15-11 11:00 PM

I wonder if Stars will allow you to play out of the country. If you could....then you could just take a trip to Canada/Mexico and grind out enough to get your next milestone+fpp bonus.

Talking Poker 04-15-11 11:06 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about this myself...

The rumors are just flying around right now like mad - don't really know what to believe.

I converted all my FT Iron Man medals to tourney tickets (almost $4k worth), thinking it is more likely those will get paid out (if anything does) than the medals themselves. Other than that though, I'm not sure what all can be done on an individual basis, other than contacting Congressmen and pushing for legalized/regulated online poker, obv.

Gordogg 04-16-11 12:35 AM

They targeted only the biggest sites. Do you think sites like Cake Poker will see an increase in traffic and they will accomodate or will they puss out?

Gordogg 04-16-11 12:47 AM

I just deposited $25 on Cake with my visa debit card no problem.

Robbr25 04-16-11 01:42 AM

Did anyone try to take money out today from PokerStars ?