The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FT Checks... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14220)

Talking Poker 07-08-08 11:04 PM

FT Checks...

Rumor has it some have been bouncing lately? Anyone have any info about this?

lightfungus 07-08-08 11:07 PM

I am depositing tomorrow, so I would be interested either way....anyone?

Talking Poker 07-08-08 11:10 PM

Maybe I should have you send me a check and I'll transfer for you.

I requested a cashout yesterday (or maybe Sunday). *Fingers crossed*

Invigilator 07-08-08 11:36 PM

I couldn't find anything about FT, but the following article talks about that happening with Stars.

Basically, certain banks are flagging checques that they feel are associated with illegal (online) gambling.

Talking Poker 07-09-08 12:56 AM

That "article" is well over a year old.

Invigilator 07-09-08 01:20 AM

LOL. The page set up had today's date in large type at the top, and then the article date in smaller type below. That's you, you don't miss a thing.

Talking Poker 07-09-08 02:20 AM

I figured it out before even clicking the link. :rolleyes:

PShabi 07-09-08 03:05 AM

I haven't heard shit about bouncing, but delays in receiving them.

I requested a $1k check on June 7 and had it within 10 days (don't remember exactly but I was surprised when it showed up quickly).

Then I requested one on June 24, also for $1k, and have yet to receive it. Haven't inquired and have received nothing from them. Since "the end of poker as we know it" it seems like there have been recurring problems like this off and on. Not stressing, but then again, this is money is my gravy and not my meat and potatoes, you know?

If I "needed" it, it'd be a bit different.

jillaj 07-09-08 09:32 AM

I got this email from them yesterday.

Dear Jillaj,
We wish to inform you of a temporary issue with our payment processor which has affected a small number of recent check withdrawals.
If you are affected by this issue and experience any difficulty cashing or depositing your recent check, please rest assured that we are fully aware of the situation and working to resolve it as swiftly as possible. we will contact you when we receive further information on the details of your recent check withdrawal.
In the interim, please reply to this email or contact for clarification and assistance.
We appreciate the importance of receiving your funds in a timely manner and apologize sincerely if you have been affected.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sincerely,
Full Tilt Poker Support

JDMcNugent7 07-09-08 04:16 PM

i cashed a PS check today with no problems

Talking Poker 07-09-08 04:32 PM

Two things:

1. That doesn't really tell us anything about problems at FT.
2. Why am I lending you money online if you are cashing out? :confused:

JDMcNugent7 07-09-08 06:03 PM

i was referring to this, but i guess doesnt matter since it was a year old article.

and cuz its from a long time ago and i since busted online.
ur $ has been good to me so far tho TY.

Talking Poker 07-09-08 06:14 PM

Nice - that's what I like to hear... just like last year when you 100x'd it in like a month or two.

Penguinfan 07-09-08 07:28 PM

Several posting at many poker forums talking about checks bouncing and checks being delayed over 6 weeks.

EFT's are bouncing back all over the place as well.

Pocket 5's has had a couple more posts about this in the past day.

<worried the end is near>

melioris 07-09-08 08:57 PM

didn't have a problem with my mid-June check. It arrived within 10 days and cleared my local bank no problem. Was planning on getting my July check in a couple of days. Although it won't be the end of the world for me if it goes wrong, I would prefer it not to be a problem. I wonder what will happen once the 60 Minutes segment airs.....

Zybomb 07-09-08 09:49 PM

Ah live poker being paid within 10 seconds of finishing your session.....:cheers:

Kurn 07-10-08 08:47 PM

Obv not talking about Foxwoods. ;)

PShabi 07-10-08 08:51 PM

Just got a "Your Bonus Reminder" popup upon logging into FTP, I had just logged in this morning to check my RB payment.

"As a token of appreciate for your patience during our check withdrawal matter we have added a $200 bonus to your account."

I still don't have my check, but it's not a huge deal to me. Again, I never complained or contacted them in any way about it. I'll take it.

EDIT:

Just looked at the cashier and it appears I'm not even getting the check, LOLOLOLOLOLOLWTF?

They credited my account with $1k, the amount of my pending check. It's labeled "cash." What's also weird is that I've got a 2nd transfer, 3 min later, for $100. It's labeled cash too.

It appears I got $100 for nothing as well as the $200 offer, but they can't cash me out????? Gonna go check my email and other sites for info.

PShabi 07-10-08 08:58 PM

Dear HighOnTrife,

As you are aware, you were among a group of players recently affected by a problem with your check withdrawal:

DATE: 23 June 2008
TRANSFER NUMBER: <deleted>
AMOUNT: $1000.00

If you have not yet done so, please do not attempt to cash or deposit your current withdrawal check. If you have attempted to cash your check, we deeply regret any problems you have encountered.

In either case, your withdrawal amount will be returned to your Full Tilt account shortly. We know it is important that you receive your funds in a timely manner and apologize sincerely for this event, the resultant delay and for any inconvienence caused.

We have now resolved the issue and you may re-initiate a withdrawal once your balance is restored in the cashier. In the interim, please reply to this email or contact for clarification and assistance.

As a token of appreciation for your patience in this matter, we will be crediting your Full Tilt Poker account with $100, plus a bonus of $200 within the next 24 hours. Your bonus will be awarded at $0.06 per point and you will have 28 days to clear it.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Full Tilt Poker Support

Never even received my check. Interesting and somewhat troublesome turn events. Hmmmmm.:cheers:

Robbr25 07-10-08 09:09 PM

You guys need to post this earlier, so I/we can take advantage of all these fuk ups and make some free money. LOL

PShabi 07-10-08 09:14 PM

From what I gather, everyone who withdrew around June 20-25 got bad checks from a shitty processor out of Nevada (wtf ftp nevada? lol!). I guess everything's okay now, and I'm not worried, but it's still a lil' scary.

melioris 07-10-08 09:37 PM

good info Shabi, thanks. my checks come from a processor in LA, if I remember correctly.

jillaj 07-11-08 02:29 PM

I requested a check on the 27th and I got another email saying they were giving me 100 dollars. I didn't get the 200 bonus though.

Tony Cheval 07-12-08 10:48 AM

...did I miss something while I was gone? :eek:

Talking Poker 07-13-08 01:13 AM

FYI: Got my check today (or yesterday - didn't get the mail), and it's from the CA processor they used to use before switching a few months ago - A.S. {name removed per processor's request} or something. So it should be fine.

The Stars check I requested on the same day hasn't arrived yet.