The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TP $25 Photo Contest... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10549)

Talking Poker 04-07-07 03:25 PM

TP $25 Photo Contest...

So, I came up with an idea for a contest today while I was in the shower - That's where I do my best thinking. Here's the deal:

Basics:
-Take a picture for us.
-Post it.
-I'll pick a winner.

Rules:
-It has to be a NEW picture, taken just for us. You will need to somehow indicate this in your photo by using some sort of TP reference. I don't care if you put a TP pen in the pic, or if you have TP on your screen in the background or if you make a "I love TalkingPoker.com" sign and hold it in the photo. Whatever. But it needs to be obvious that the photo is new and was taken for this contest.
-Bonus points if you are in the photo.
-Bonus points if you are glorifying TP in the photo.
-Bonus points for creativity.
-Bonus points for alcohol.
-Bonus points for (good) cleavage - no shabi, not your ass cleavage.
-Bonus points if you are a regular here, but anyone may participate.
-Bonus points for posting your pic sooner than later (someone needs to get the ball rolling)
-Bonus points for posting pics sooner AND later:
-You MAY submit as many entries as you like!

Deadline:
Photos need to be submitted within ONE WEEK from right now, meaning 3:25 PM ET on Saturday, April 14, 2007. At that time, I'll either name a winner, or name the top few choices and put it up to a vote - something like that. Comments in this thread will help me determine the winner (or finalists, as the case may be). If you win, I'll ship you the money on or .

That's it. Get going people!

bunny 04-07-07 04:45 PM

Bad weekend for me.

Trying to clear 2 bonuses at 2 different sites (today). As for tomorrow, I will be working till late. (filling in for a friend at Vinnie Gambini's)

Any chance of stretching deadline till Monday? (1 or 2 am is fine)

Aequitas58 04-07-07 05:18 PM

Does anyone else think that this is just a clever ploy by TP to see some (hopefully) candid shots of bunny on the weekend of her favorite holiday?

bunny 04-07-07 05:43 PM

Best I could do on such short notice

1 Attachment(s)
:thumbsup:

GTDawg 04-07-07 09:33 PM

Who's your favorite Braves player?

Talking Poker 04-07-07 10:48 PM

Sure..... Hell, I'll give you and everyone else another 24 hours. Monday night at 11:59 PM it is!

Talking Poker 04-07-07 10:49 PM

Shut it, Lawyer boy. Sheesh.

And yes, I is clever.

Talking Poker 04-07-07 10:51 PM

I almost said Smoltz, but I have to go with Chipper. I have a good friend who is in love with him.

I can't believe I never though of this before, actually... but if you could get something personalized from him to her - my God, she'd freak. Her name is Tera. If not, no worries, of course.

Talking Poker 04-07-07 10:53 PM

Surprisingly, this met quite a few of the bonus requirements, even thought it's nothing like I was expecting (shut it, Lou!). And considering the total number of entires so far, you are definitely winning.

GTDawg 04-07-07 10:58 PM

Sorry...can't really ask for autographs. Part of the NDA.

I'd have to figure out the whole picture thing though. There aren't supposed to be still cams in the clubhouse. Hmm...I gotta think this out some more.

kkirk1329 04-07-07 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
doooooooooo uyou get extra points fro being shitfaaacde while you post teh pic??????????????????????:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ChipFish 04-08-07 01:06 AM

Nice Hat. Light beer? <Chuckle>
Americans. :rolleyes:

GeoffM 04-08-07 01:10 AM

My initial thoughts exactly.

Zybomb 04-08-07 01:13 AM

he's a kid. It's 9.95 for a 24 Pack. Enough said

omahilo 04-08-07 03:13 AM

is that a blue ray disc of XXX?

ChipFish 04-08-07 03:47 AM

Apparently they can't count either....
Silly Americans. It distinctly says 30 on the box. ;)

Talking Poker 04-08-07 10:32 AM

There is no way to tell this is a new pic, so my guess is it's not.

Talking Poker 04-08-07 10:33 AM

Do NOT make that assumption about all of us. Or at least say "American kids" or something.

Robbie Robb 04-08-07 10:37 AM

I've got a couple ideas for some good shots. Just gotta find the time to stage them and get them taken.

kkirk1329 04-08-07 11:04 AM

10.99 a 30 pack....cant beat it :D

and this picture was taken last night, i dont even remember who ended up driving me home haha but i do know that i have a monster headache. i guess at the time i didnt exactly think of a way to show it was this weekend. so you all just get to look at a funny picture instead of it being in the contest no big deal i guess

Talking Poker 04-08-07 11:41 AM

There's plenty of time for you to recreate the moment tonight!

kkirk1329 04-08-07 11:50 AM

haha only way to get rid of a hangover is to start drinkin again :thumbsup:

omahilo 04-08-07 01:54 PM

so true

Robbie Robb 04-08-07 08:06 PM

Do the images have to be au natural or can they be manipulated after shooting?

Robbie Robb 04-08-07 08:17 PM

Another question:

Do we just post them in the thread here or PM them to you and then you'll create a new thread with all submissions once deadline closes?