The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New addition to stars fpp store (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11321)

MAYHEM45 06-27-07 12:31 AM

New addition to stars fpp store

Apparently this is the dvd with the Fabrice Soulier/TP faceoff in it. only 1500 fpps. gogogogogogo.

Talking Poker 06-27-07 12:35 AM

Ordered.

Fingers crossed that Herbe makes me look good!

If the scene plays out on film the way I remember it in my brain, it should be pretty cool.

Nice find - thanks.

Nikita 06-27-07 10:59 AM

Looking at the cover of that DVD makes me wonder if it's all in French, but the store doesn't seem to say anything about that.

MAYHEM45 07-05-07 12:34 PM

Watching this right now...
Nikita its in german english and french, you have a choice in the beginning.

Talking Poker 07-05-07 12:40 PM

Let me know if you want my autograph. I can "prolly" hook you up.

MAYHEM45 07-05-07 01:08 PM

This is pretty cheeseball so far, but wow does it capture exactly what everyone feels during the WSOP.

Also, please note my sig :(

Talking Poker 07-05-07 09:54 PM

Well?

MAYHEM45 07-05-07 10:00 PM

Its really really good. def worth however many FPPs (lol) i spent on it. The AK JJ hand is really cool to watch.

Fabrice looks like a degen thru most of the movie, its awesome. Also Isabelle is hot, damn.

Talking Poker 07-05-07 10:42 PM

I was about to ask you if they show his Jacks, but I think I want to be surprised when my copy comes (tomorrow?). If you say it's cool, then it's cool. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah, she is.

Wes 07-06-07 09:41 AM

Sorry to inform everyone else, but Pokerstars was giving this DVD out to people that qualified through them to play the main event. Thus, since pokerstars is giving people free items for a tournament they satellited into, the quality must be terrible.

Talking Poker 07-06-07 01:49 PM

This makes no sense to me.

Talking Poker 07-07-07 11:36 PM

I watched this tonight and enjoyed it. It's a good DVD - probably the best poker documentary I've seen. It's definitely worth the 1500 points if you have them.

My scene was pretty cool too. It's funny how it's slightly different than I remembered it. I mean, the basics are the same, but a few of the small details are different than they were in my brain. Like, I can remember Fabrice's exact facial expressions, since I was studying him, but the words that came out of my own mouth were slightly different than I remembered them. Pretty cool though.

I think I had more camera time than any other non-featured player in the whole movie. Take THAT, Hellmuth! :cool:

Talking Poker 07-08-07 02:27 AM

Well, looky what I found!

I'll try to rip my scene with the English narration (so you can hear him say "Fabrice did have two Jacks") and get it on YouTube sometime, but in the mean time, here is a version that bunny will enjoy.

Invigilator 07-08-07 10:07 AM

Nice outfit TP! :thumbsup: