The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   bounty tourney ideas (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11471)

stormswa 07-13-07 09:56 PM

bounty tourney ideas

Im trying to figure out a way to do a bounty tourney, I really want to do this but kinda stuck.

here is what I got so far, I figure 1 tourney a week maybe 2. We have a leaderboard and depending on where you are at on the leaderboard will be how much your head is worth in that weeks tourney. I figure each week you have to send like $5 to a account that will go towards the bounty and then buy into the tourney of course also.

if you knock someone out you get their bounty regardless of where you finish in the tourney. All players will have a bounty even if they are not ranked but it will be minimum amount, the #1 guy might have a bounty even higher then the buy in if all the rest are very low on the tourney leaderboard.

what do you guys think? good idea or dumb?

Talking Poker 07-13-07 10:09 PM

Cool idea, but I need to digest this one some more too.

How would we start off? Have everyone ship $5 or something to one place, to seed the bounty pool? Or would the $5 be sent every week from everyone who registers?

I'd be happy to offer my Talking Poker account on Stars for money purposes for this.

Robbr25 07-13-07 10:38 PM

It does sound like a good idea.
Of course the more aggressive will at times go out earlier, so I don't know if it will work on all players.

Invigilator 07-13-07 10:55 PM

I have been playing around with this for my home game. I have been wanting to have an ALL bounty tournament. You win a buy-in for each person you knock out. The actual first prize is your buy-in back, since it is the only money not claimed.

Making this work online would be a bit harder.

stormswa 07-14-07 04:44 AM

I have played them online on a site that is not around anymore, I dont like the idea of everyones bounty the same. I think the person who is leading the leaderboard deserves to have a higer bounty.

stormswa 07-14-07 04:46 AM

correct, everyone bounty should be the same in event #1 and then after that the bounty amounts should change to reflect current TLB position. Let me mess around with it for couple days and then totally write something up.

Nikita 07-14-07 08:32 AM

UB has bounty tournies and they are quite fun. Everyone buys-in, and then there is also a bounty on everyone's head. So as you take people out, you get their bounty, but there are regular tourny payouts too. I played a couple before I pulled all my money off there when Neteller became an issue.

stormswa 07-14-07 09:50 PM

running this through my head today while I was at work and I think a flat rate of tourney buy in on everyones head is best idea. So it would be $5 sent to a account and everyone you knock out you get $5.

Talking Poker 07-15-07 02:12 AM

For the first one, right? And then for subsequent events, everyone would still pay double (additional $5), but the bounties would be weighed based on the results of the previous tourneys? Maybe ranging from $1 to $10 (or even more), depending on the standings? Is that right?

stormswa 07-15-07 08:59 AM

im pretty stuck on how to do it with a leaderboard, I cant figure out how i would decide how much the persons head would be?