The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Show me the money!!! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161)

Penguinfan 10-26-04 03:30 PM

Show me the money!!!

Where are you profitable guys making the most of your profit at?
Multi table games, SNG, limit cash games, NL cash games?

bothecorgi 10-26-04 03:38 PM

I make most of my money at NL cash games. I play 2 tables at once, try to see flops for cheap and play the hell out of made hands. Its amazing to see some of the calls that are made.

eddo31 10-26-04 04:05 PM

limit cash games, probably just because this is what i play the most.

when i can play nl, i like to, but i cant play it too much. i just dont have the stomach for the swings. i find that i can generally win big in those games, but the converse is also true.

2Tone 10-26-04 05:36 PM

6 of one, half dozen of the other

My 2/4 game at Party is very reliable. If I sit and play smart at the end of the night I should be up 1 - 2 BB an hour. I rarely lose more than 25% of my buy-in, especially if I'm willing to extend the session long enough for things to turn back around if I go down early.

The $25 NL games can be much more profitable. There have been nights when I tripled up in one hand. But losing most if not all of my buy-in happens more often than it should.

The $10 SNGs are fun, but not as profitable as the ring games for me.

ChipFish 10-26-04 07:37 PM

Most Profitable a tie between the NL cash games and
the limit $4/8 on UB (the annie duke table with the cheap blinds).

Lately I have lowered myself down to the $.10/.25 NL on Stars, or the
$.25/.50 NL on Party.... Less stress, less thinking.... Wait for Nuts, push all-in collect..... wait for nuts, push all-in, collect.... boring as hell, but it pays off.

Somebody already mentioned it, but geeze I can't believe some of the crap people will call you down with. I hold Ah-Xh Flop Kh-Jh-4h Turn 2h I push all-in after he decides to raise quite a bit and he calls. River 8c
He flips up Jc-3s or some crap like that..... What the hell are they thinking????
I must be a charity case or something, they just give me money.

johnbaker 10-26-04 09:49 PM

lol... donators are nice to have around, thats 4 sure

rossg21 10-27-04 06:15 AM

I make most of my profit in home games and then lose it all online

GeoffM 10-27-04 08:36 AM

To be honest, I play at UB, I always make sure I got plenty of Bonus $s, and I'll simply join a table first or second. Those ultimate points add up quickly, especially with a loose table, so even when I fold (the points give me extra incentive to play tight), I still earn points to convert my bonus $s. Very often, I'll fold an entire orbit and earn more in bonus $s than my antes were.

PShabi 10-27-04 08:48 AM

Limit Cash. That's where I play most of the time. On the positive side there. Losing money in NL cash games and a few sngs (I rope them together in my records). Making enough in limit to overcome that. Trying to improve.

brokeagain 10-27-04 11:09 AM

Short handed (6 or less) no limit or limit play. Period. The key being short handed.