The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spurs vs. Heat (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2187)

GeoffM 06-07-05 02:01 PM

Spurs vs. Heat

Who's going to win???

My buddy and I are in formal discussions to throw $400 each US on the Spurs to take down the champs.

Anyone want to recommend a site that a) accepts neteller, b) is fairly quick with cashouts, and c) has a sweetass deposit bonus :D.

Edited: Ok, so I got unlazy and checked and apparently betjamaica is the best. How do these deposit bonuses work on these sites? Do I get it right away or do I have to wager a certain amount of money? I was going to drop $1K in there for a $200 bonus, do I have to wager the entire $1K or something??? Any help before the series starts would be appreciated boys.

junYUN 06-07-05 02:58 PM

*ahem* don't you mean spurs vs pistons?

spurs will roll.

Reel Deal 06-07-05 03:04 PM

Pistons in 6.

GeoffM 06-07-05 03:22 PM

LMAO, fuck I can't edit the title of this thread either.

junYUN 06-07-05 03:28 PM

what are you smoking?

the pistons are nothing more than san antonio lite, and they will get absolutely creamed by the spurs. did you see what they did to the suns? manu ginobli/tony parker are both emerging as stars in this league, and they're forming one of the most dynamic backcourts in the NBA. detroit doesn't stand a chance... they barely got past a limping miami.

2Tone 06-07-05 03:39 PM

Want to put some money on that?

I like the Spurs in 5, possibly 6. Pistons are in trouble in virtually every match-up.

GeoffM 06-07-05 04:32 PM

LOL, emerging as stars??? What kind of crack are you smoking there junYun? Ginobli WAS an all-star this year, and Parker must be a star, his girlfriend is smoking hot. :D

Edited to add the smiley for the effect.

junYUN 06-07-05 05:27 PM

being an "all-star" is a little different (although i know it sounds dumb to say) than being a "star" in this league. manu is definitely still only "emerging" ... hell he comes off the bench.

Reel Deal 06-07-05 05:46 PM

What they did to the Suns has no relevance here as the Pistons and the Suns couldn't be more different. The Spurs and the Heat are much more similar than the Pistons-Suns and at this time of the year it's defense that wins championships and no one plays better D in the league than Detriot. Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace will handle Duncan and Prince and Rip will handle Ginobli and Parker.

Pistons in six.

omahilo 06-07-05 10:17 PM

I got Spurs in 6...

They are an amazing team that gets zero respect.

Tim Duncan is one of the best players in the NBA but alot of people dont put him up there because he isnt 'flashy' or 'cool', he just wins championships.

GeoffM 06-08-05 04:19 PM

I too have the Spurs in 6.

Defense wins championships, yes, but you also need to be able to score. Spurs are more balanced combining both aspects.

Ginobli- One day will be the best player in the league. Buddy already has a gold medal. Given his numbers this year and post-season, he is a star. And yes, he does once again start.

Duncan- Look up the word consistency in the dictionary, and this guy's picture is there.

Parker- I think he is a little overrated to be honest (at this point in his career), but is still one of the better point guards out there, and may one day be the best.

I don't think we'll be seeing a repeat this year. The Pistons have no bench which doesn't look good considering the Spurs have a far superior starting 5.

junYUN 06-08-05 06:29 PM

uhm "defense wins championships" are you guys retarded...the spurs are BETTER defensively than the pistons. ginobli and duncan are going to maul the spurs offensively... and every spur can play good lockdown D on his man.

omahilo 06-08-05 09:45 PM

The spurs= the patriots in football... all they do is bore people, have people say they arent good enough, etc and win championships.

Reel Deal 06-09-05 09:55 AM

I'm not sure.

junYUN 06-09-05 11:47 PM

spurs up 11 with only 4 minutes left.... looks like this should be a trend throughout the series

Reel Deal 06-13-05 09:29 AM

Now I'm sure, had no idea the Spurs offense was this good.

junYUN 06-13-05 01:20 PM

duh....i told you. the spurs are rolling...the pistons have no real answer for manu ginobli..and duncan is going off as well

gotta stop at least one of them...

Reel Deal 06-13-05 01:41 PM

Doesn't help that no one on the Pistons can get to the rack, their shot selection last night was horrid.

junYUN 06-13-05 03:30 PM

part of that good ol spurs defense is duncan is one of the best interior defenders out there..

Reel Deal 06-17-05 01:01 PM

Looks like completely different teams played games 3 and 4.

junYUN 06-18-05 05:26 PM

yeah seriously... san antonio looked absolutely lost... and ginobli dissapeared completely. i still expect the spurs to win it, but they won't playing like that..