The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   July Contest #1 - Start the longest thread (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2411)

Talking Poker 07-01-05 04:58 PM

July Contest #1 - Start the longest thread

I'm going to be out of town for nearly half the month, but that doesn't mean we can't still have some contests! We'll set up our Heads Up month-long Tourney in August, but here's what's on tap for July:

Contest #1: Start the longest thread, win $25 (transferred to your account). The is the same as it was when we did this in March, except this contest runs from July 1 at 12:00 AM ET through July 31st at 11:59 PM ET.

Click above for the details but in a nutshell:
-The thread starter's replies don't count towards the total post count for that thread.
-It has to be a poker related thread (railbird threads don't count and neither do any Contest related threads, like the "Leaderboard" thread).
-If I think people are abusing this to rig the contest in someone's favor (or against someone else - Ahem, Aeq), I reserve the right to close threads, disqualify people, etc. I don't plan on doing this of course, but want it known now that I will if things get out of hand.

On August 1st, if you think you won, PM me what you think was the winning thread along with your Stars ID. Once I confirm it, I'll transfer you the cash.

Aequitas58 07-02-05 12:04 PM

LOL.

I was only against someone because that person's thread was drama and bullshit. :)

BlibbityBlabbity 07-02-05 12:47 PM

Damn :( :D

BrianSwa 07-02-05 05:33 PM

urg

you lier you just didnt love me that day!!!!

hurt my feelings too.

Talking Poker 07-19-05 10:42 PM

I wonder who's winning this so far.... Has anyone bothered to figure it out?

I won't count my WSOP threads, and the threads about the August contest don't count either.

BrianSwa 07-20-05 03:10 PM

ok

if none of TP vegas reports count then 2tone is in the lead

followed closely by Lou's new post about betting on players.

2Tone 07-20-05 03:30 PM

I'm not too proud

To wonder if Lou's thread about betting on players isn't technically "about the August contest."

BrianSwa 07-20-05 03:37 PM

yep

yea wasnt too sure about that or not we will let TP decide if it comes down to you two.

Talking Poker 07-20-05 04:10 PM

Neither of those counts.

Lou's thread was contest related and 2Tone was started in May. Please note the name of this contest. Please further note that May <> July.

Maybe my trip reports will count :)

Aequitas58 07-20-05 04:18 PM

No - for two reasons...

1. It's related to the August contest,
and
2. My posts in the thread wouldn't count. I think if you were to delete my posts, it's a pretty small thread.

BrianSwa 07-20-05 06:31 PM

sorry

sorry i looked at last post in thread date as that start time and not the origional post my fault tp.

Talking Poker 08-01-05 01:44 PM

I believe this was the longest qualifying thread, as per the rules above:

This is of course assuming I don't count my WSOP threads.

Does anyone disagree?

PShabi 08-01-05 02:28 PM

meh,

it's okay, but I say give it to the WSOP threads. Keep it.

Talking Poker 08-01-05 04:40 PM

Well, I would, but I wouldn't want to seem like I was backing out or something. What did you find more valuable? My , or JD playing within his bankroll and the arguments that followed?

Wow, talk about a loaded question.

The WSOP thread in question happens to be one of my all time favorite threads, so I'm a little biased. I'll leave it up to you guys. Should I keep the money or give it to JD? A third option would be to roll it over and use it for September contest money. (I think I'm dishing out enough in August already).

2Tone 08-01-05 04:49 PM

I'll pick door #3

The JD thread deteriorated into the all-too typical bickering, and included a number of lame one-line posts. I like the idea of rolling it over to Sept, with the possible rule change of making it most interesting/engaging/worthwhile thread as opposed to longest.

Zybomb 08-01-05 04:56 PM

Ditto

JDMcNugent7 08-02-05 01:59 AM

I won't count my WSOP threads, and the threads about the August contest don't count either.[/quote]
-TP (about 10 replys above)

right there is main reason i think i should still win, i know my thread wasn't the Best, it still helped me out alot, I think it was Pshabi or maybe BrianSwa who also talked about it being helpful.
Even if it got off topic, TP, you previously stated in the rules that it would be too hard to judge that- so all the better for the thread starter.

Talking Poker 08-02-05 02:26 AM

Very true. But right now, you're outvoted about 4-1 on this. I've changed my mind on counting my own threads (I can participate in the other contest - why not this one too? The rules you are referencing don't specifically exclude me), but instead of me just keeping the $$, I'm offering to roll it over to a September contest along these lines...

junYUN 08-02-05 02:28 AM

i think JD did technically win the contest... but its your money so to each his own

i certainly wont lose sleep over it

Talking Poker 08-02-05 02:34 AM

Well, I don't want to be a jerk about it or anything... I'm just trying to be fair and do what's best for the forum.

"Technically," my WSOP thread won the contest. It had the mosy repllies that weren't be the thread starter (me). Nowhere in the rules does it say I can't win. I realize I said on the 19th I wouldn't count that thread, but honestly, I was hoping something better would come along. To award a thread that's full of arguing... that just seems silly to me. So I decided my WSOP thread does count after all. Rather than award myself the money though, I'm saying I'll roll it forward to next month's contest.

Just trying to do what I think is best for everyone.....

JDMcNugent7 08-02-05 02:52 AM

lol wow, pretty damn weak action if u ask me, where about 10 replys above it says u wont count it, but when its time to dish out the $, u make an excuse. I really liked this forum too, but if the creator cant even stick by the rules, i guess i'll find another one.

JDMcNugent7 08-02-05 02:59 AM

hmmm

When asked what to do if the thread switches topic, TP, u said...

This would be too complicated and too hard to track. If the discussion switches, so be it. More power to the person who started the thread, even though the topic changed.

Just another quote by u, showing how i fairly won.

Aequitas58 08-02-05 03:11 AM

Before reading this, I was going to chime in and actually stick up for you - maybe argue for your side, but now I really hope you don't win.

Dude. Seriously. Grow the fuck up.

Zybomb 08-02-05 03:19 AM

TP is more than generous when it comes to making contests with prizes, chipping in money to contests, offering you excellent affiliate deals, buying his most respected posters gifts etc all stuff that he doesnt have to do, he does it to show appreciation for those who contribute regularly to his forum -- to make a comment like what u made above is simply ignorant

junYUN 08-02-05 03:28 AM

TP has never fucked me over in any of our dealings..