The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which would be smarter? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3257)

humpty99 09-20-05 11:40 PM

Which would be smarter?

I won a satellite to the 500 + 30 Stars 700,000 guaranteed. Should I play it and hope for the big hit, or take the tourny dollars and try to build up a bankroll playing sit n gos. I play mainly sit n gos anyway, and it is definately my strong point.

GeoffM 09-20-05 11:47 PM

Depends entirely on the size of your roll right now dude.

As of now, my roll borders on 4K, so I'd probably take a shot.

2Tone 09-20-05 11:53 PM

You know you are going to go for it ...

If your intent was to gradually build a roll, you wouldn't have been entering satellites, right?

ChipFish 09-21-05 12:06 AM

T$
If you insist on playing the tourney, I would play the $215 and keep the rest for SnGs MTTs etc.

Talking Poker 09-21-05 12:40 AM

I agree with this.

Because you even suggested "building your roll," I suspect you don't have bnear the $4000 Geoff mentioned, so I would say you should take the T$.

Better yet, pretend those T$ are cash, scine for you, they effectively are. Are you really willing to drop most of your bankroll on a single MTT?

humpty99 09-21-05 12:56 AM

I've never really played to build a roll before. I lost the first 50 dollars that I put in Party Poker and have not lost since, but I have always built up a couple hundred dollars, then cashed out some for whatever reason leaving myself a 100 or so do build back up for another cashout. Lately, I've been on a roll in multi table tourneys. I have a shit load of frequent players points and t$ right now, and I thought it may be a good time to may be start building a bankroll. I know the easiest way to do this is limit, which I usually win at; however, I find very boring unless you are hitting a lot of flops.

Talking Poker 09-21-05 01:07 AM

Play more tables at once and the boredom magically disappears.

At least it does for me.

eejit101 09-21-05 01:27 AM

I tried that, didnt work, still hate limit, wish i didnt though.

Aequitas58 09-21-05 10:18 AM

You answered the question yourself. You said you want to build up a bankroll, and in your guesstimation, you feel that SnGs are your strong point. Unregister, and enjoy the T$. I don't what kind of entry you favor (SnGs) but I'm guessing that $500+30 in T$ is a good amount of SnGs.

:D Good job w/ the satty win, btw.

oketz7777 11-30-05 03:35 AM

depends of your style, if you think you can make it then sure go for it, if not then play smaller games, hopefully you can win a buy in for a tenth of the price and keep the rest!

captain_festival 11-30-05 04:47 PM

gl

dude ya gotta go for it!!! havnt u ever watched the price is right ?....go for the gold bro!!!!...ull never kno if u dont go.