The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Never again (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3613)

SirFWALGMan 10-22-05 02:52 PM

Never again

I played the O8 tourney on Titan again. I quit. I had 1K in chips and got up and left. Why? Everyone was going all in pre-flop with whatever nothing hand they had. It was not a game. It was disgusting.

johnp158 10-22-05 03:00 PM

Nice job throwing away your money.

SirFWALGMan 10-22-05 03:08 PM

Screw it

Its just no fun when it has nothing to do with skill. At least in normal poker you can read people, and play your hands. Your skill has "something" to do with the outcome. Pushing all in with any pockets pre-flop and having 6 callers is not what I call fun. ESPECIALLY in a game like Omaha which take more skill than HE in my opinion.

PShabi 10-22-05 03:12 PM

Honestly

I think you whine a bit much and most of it makes you look like you don't really understand poker.

Talking Poker 10-22-05 03:30 PM

So, because it wasn't "fun," you decided to quit and literally throw your money away?

Why not at least shove your chips in a few times and see if you double up. If you get busted, you're no worse off, but if you double up and take out one of the psychos, not only will you probably be able to ride out the all in fest, but you'd be in good shape to go deep in the tourney?

Yeah, I just don't get it. Reminds me of the time SWA played in that tourney, knowing he had to go to work BEFORE he would get in the money. Lose-lose.

SirFWALGMan 10-22-05 04:02 PM

I dunno..

Not really that interested in playing bingo for 3 hours.

PShabi 10-22-05 04:05 PM

I can't resist

SirSWALGMan

SirFWALGMan 10-22-05 04:05 PM

So...

Soooo.. you would enjoy this type of Omaha? Sounds great.

PShabi 10-22-05 04:08 PM

I don't play Omaha.

But, if I had my cash down in a tourney and this was going on, I'd adjust. That's kinda what poker (tourney poker) is all about. Adjusting to opponents.

Ride it out, if you have the nuts, play em. Let the tards take themselves out. Adjust to the style of the table.

SirFWALGMan 10-22-05 07:06 PM

Understood

For me it just was not worth it. It was a cheap tourney ($3) with a minor payday and I was doing it to enjoy myself more than the payday. So for me it was better to basically quit.

2Tone 10-23-05 12:38 AM

Well ...

[quote=SirFWALGMan]Pushing all in with any pockets pre-flop and having 6 callers is not what I call fun. [quote]

If this was really the case, the tourney would be over after, what, less than two full rotations?

drewjax 10-23-05 04:50 AM

He was just venting a bit, give him a break boys.

SirFWALGMan 10-23-05 10:00 AM

Math Wizard

[quote=2Tone][quote=SirFWALGMan]Pushing all in with any pockets pre-flop and having 6 callers is not what I call fun. If it was only my table and people kept rebuying each time they went out, then no. I have no idea how widespread this was. I am seriouse though, some people rebought 5-6 times while I was there, which was not very long.

omahilo 10-23-05 11:28 AM

thats why its called a rebuy tournament...

The ones on stars are like this the entire 1st hour.

The pros do this till the rebuy period all the time. Daniel Negreanu said he did 50+ rebuys in the $5000 PLO tournmanent at the WSOP.

So I suggest to never play a rebuy event if you go to the WSOP.

Talking Poker 10-23-05 12:22 PM

Wait? Thsi was a REBUY tourney? Ok, that changes EVERYTHING. This is standard.

Gordogg 10-23-05 06:24 PM

True. The real poker doesn't start until after first break. I believe all MTTs on Titan are rebuys, no?

Tony Cheval 10-23-05 09:10 PM

No, they have freezeouts too.