The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Doyle's Room Software Problem (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3876)

Reel Deal 11-14-05 01:58 PM

Doyle's Room Software Problem

Tried to play a $10 MTT at Doyle's Room today and the software kept crashing. Something about the PlayerNotes file being missing. So, after a couple reboots and some attempts at fixing it myselt I contacted their online support. Online support sent me an email with instructions on how to fix the problem... got the email quickly and followed the instructions and it did the trick. So, I get back on and I've been blinded-off for the last 30 minutes so I'm starting out with a disadvantage. I play a few hands and a donkey that chased his flush draw w/o odds hits and I'm crippled and out a few hands later.

Anyway, I sent an email to their customer support stating that I felt I was owed a refund for the buy-in and fee for the tournament because it was a glitch in their software that caused the problems. I'm getting the run-around from them now and it's starting to piss me off.

Apparently they take their customer service cues from Party. :rolleyes:

Reel Deal 11-22-05 09:45 AM

Closed out my account at Doyle's... can't believe how they've just completely ignored my requests for an explaination as to why I shouldn't be due a refund. Sad.

Talking Poker 11-22-05 10:35 AM

I don't understand how these smaller sites think they have any chance of competing with the big boys if they have such lousy customer service.

jillaj 11-22-05 01:17 PM

It makes no sense to me. Of course what has outstanding customer service done for stars? Oh wait it has turned them into the 1st or 2nd largest poker site. But that must not be worth it. The main reason i play stars is if someting goes wrong I know they will do all they can and help me fix the problem. I could probably make more elsewhere, but you are on your own if something happens.

Reel Deal 11-23-05 11:44 AM

My thoughts exactly TP... wasn't a big fan of the site anyway. I'll be happy to stick to FT and Stars.

akajeff 11-24-05 04:24 PM

How can they not reward a refund. Keep sending them emails. they basically stole your money. I found that also to be a unreliable site. Stick to the well known ones for deposits.

drizzel_121 11-25-05 04:53 PM

how cheap

how cheap id get pretty pissed off if that happened to me im never doiung that thanks for the heads up

culver boy 11-25-05 05:37 PM

ive never heard of doyles room? so it is basically a scam site?

Talking Poker 11-27-05 09:14 PM

It's a perfectly legit site. While I don't agree with their customer support in this case, I have played there in the past and will play there again in the future.