The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Have to share this... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3927)

Reel Deal 11-18-05 01:56 PM

Have to share this...

You all here that have kids will get a kick out of this... I went home at lunch today and my 5 year old said, "let's play poker dad." :D OK, so he went and got our little set with cards and chips and we played a couple hands. He kept showing me his hole cards and I said, "you're supposed to hide those from me." He said he didn't want to so we kept playing with his hole cards up. About 5 or 6 hands into our little game he has 5c8c... the flop is 2c4c9c, the turn is the 6c and I say, "holy cow, you're the 7 of clubs away from a straight flush. So, he's the dealer (lol) and he "burms" the top card and flips over the river card... *drum roll please* it's the 7 of clubs!!! :eek: :cool: I said, "OMG!" and called my wife over to take a look. My 5 year old didn't really know what was going on but he could tell from our reactions it was a big deal, so then he asked us to take his picture with his cards! Which we were more than happy to do. Too funny!

Never will I be happier to lose to a straight flush! LOL!

BrianSwa 11-18-05 02:23 PM

nice

Thats great man, I enjoyed reading this alot.

Talking Poker 11-18-05 02:58 PM

That's awesome. I love that he wanted his picture taken with the cards too. :)

MAYHEM45 11-18-05 03:02 PM

Lame :rolleyes:

JK man, good stuff.

When I'm a daddy, my kid is gonna be a hustler for sure. Pool and Poker, oh yeah, and if theres time, Reading and 'Rithmatic. But thats a long time from now (God willing :eek: )

BrianSwa 11-18-05 03:09 PM

yep

just get him a little gold braclet and a stack of monopoly money and your all set.

PShabi 11-18-05 03:17 PM

Would love to see a pic of that.

My son brags to everyone about how he took 2 / 3 heads up matches against me during/after the hurricane. :)

Reel Deal 11-18-05 08:31 PM

It's a digital pic so I'll have to get it uploaded... we told his older brother (9) about it when he got home from school and he knows about hand ranks and was like, "wow, that's really cool!" LOL! Start 'em young!!

thrash1294 11-18-05 09:38 PM

I play with my 3yr ols girl.
helps her learn numbers and making matches.
after the flop if she has no matched she bang her fist and yells CHECK,
to funny.
she starts us out with stacks of ten of each color :p

Gordogg 11-18-05 11:43 PM

Great story. I'll be teaching my son cards real soon. In the future we could set up a forum HU tournament consisting of forum members' kids. :D

Reel Deal 11-19-05 12:15 AM

LOL... just have to hope it's on-line because my 9 year old has the worst poker face on the planet!!

eddo31 11-19-05 12:22 PM

im no sure that your sons poker face could be worse than the "bang the table and yell check when you dont hit the flop."

very cute stories. nice stuff.

EaglesPlaya 11-19-05 12:29 PM

lol.

too funny.... lol. i wanna see that pic. lOL!

wdson01 11-20-05 02:32 AM

wow what a kid!! i want to have one just like him when im a ffather lol but its pretty insene that he got a straight flsuh! maybe he rigged the deck and didn't know it LOL

BrianSwa 11-20-05 11:00 AM

hate to say it

im going to get this one in before someone else does, Is this my post?

akajeff 11-24-05 04:34 PM

Awee thats pretty cool. I was playing with a younger cousin and he was about 10 and I told him if he won I would pay him 10$. We were playing and I flopped trips. The thing i didnt know was he had a Royal Flush draw.

He went all in and I called. I hit my full house on the turn and said Nice try . Then the river came and I started packing up the cards. but he looked at his hole cards then I looked at them and yelled O shit LOL.

he hit a Royal Flush and beat me. Lucky kid!

lil_Gaz 11-24-05 06:13 PM

all great stories guys

drizzel_121 11-25-05 04:50 PM

haha

thats funny because when i was starting to learn poker sombody bet realy high and i folded............a royal flush...........lol but i dint know what i was doing lol good one

culver boy 11-25-05 05:40 PM

gotta love the poker stories...by the way nice fold drizzle lol

drizzel_121 11-25-05 08:25 PM

lol

i didnt real fold a royal flush you think im stupid lol i was the best when i came over into this world holla at me on the tables ill be there with the highest chips stack ever

iwinurmoney 11-25-05 09:15 PM

thats awsome!! let see him become a pro in the future. it would be sooo great to see! :)