The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poker, Possibly the greatest game around? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4051)

Atticus01 11-27-05 12:12 AM

Poker, Possibly the greatest game around?

There is no doubt in my mind that Poker is 100% the greatest card game, if not game, around today. No other game makes your heart race faster and your palms sweat more while only sitting in a chair! No game around allows you to make millions of dollars while sipping on a coke! And no game around allows so many different types and variations of people to all play one game. Its amazing that the poker "boom" didnt catch on sooner. Post some comments guys, dont you all agree theres no game better than poker?

HEwong 11-27-05 12:15 AM

i agree that poker is the best game.. it is mentally and physically challengind.. it can sometimes make you adrenaline just rush... but btw what faorm of poker..?? black jack idont realy like but 7 card stud and 7 card stud h/l and maha stud and omaha h/l and nl and fixed he i love..

coolieo69er 11-27-05 01:50 PM

I have to agree 100% percent. Poker is so diffrent from any other game. You are always put in diffrent situations and always have a chance of making money. It also is a game of mental toughness. You have to be mentally and physically in shape if u expect to go in to a tourny and play for nine hours.

left68wing 11-27-05 02:14 PM

If I remember my english class correctly, that, sir, is an opinion.

Aequitas58 11-27-05 03:29 PM

With that post, sir, you just wasted 3 seconds of my life for nothing. Thanks.

Ando05 11-27-05 03:52 PM

i also agree with poker being the greatest game around right now, although i think its a sport. but i thinks just like other sports or games, poker will die down in the next 10 to 15 years. but i think i'll still be playing it.

left68wing 11-27-05 04:46 PM

i think doctors have medicine that take care of senility

Favre[4] 11-27-05 05:22 PM

I dont think poker will die. It will probably slow down alittle and then have another big boom like right now.

lightfungus 11-27-05 10:19 PM

LOL. I don't think that is an appropriate insult for what he said. But aha Lou, right back atcha.

left68wing 11-27-05 10:28 PM

What I meant by it was that I was getting a little tired of the veterens saying that all the newbs don't contribute anything. And personally, I made myself laugh lol.

Aequitas58 11-27-05 10:47 PM

Personally, I don't care if underage pre-pubescent teenie-boppers get a shot at free money, but don't try to come off like YOU are posting quality stuff when you're not.

C'mon man.

left68wing 11-27-05 10:54 PM

I dunno, it seems that bitching and complaining does a whole lot more, as you have so kindly pointed out. It seems like you look at the post count and automatically dislike them. Can you name one new person who you think actually contributes? I'm just wondering...

Aequitas58 11-27-05 11:05 PM

BDMK.

I don't know him personally, I don't know when he joined, and I *believe* he's relatively new, but sifting through the shit the last few days and I said to myself, "at least this guy is worth reading."

Talking Poker 11-27-05 11:15 PM

Bingo. there are a few others too, but BDMK is head of the class. Hands down.

JDMcNugent7 11-27-05 11:23 PM

studiopet started off with a few shaky posts i think just to get post count up, but now that were emphasizing QUALITY they've been much better, he's another quality guy who i think will def. add to the forum.