The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   my style (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4429)

thrash1294 12-09-05 05:52 PM

my style

Ok my style has been blogged by a fellow player. tell me what you think of it?

johnp158 12-09-05 06:04 PM

Similar to a strategy that has been discussed at length on another site I use. Although I think if you're gonna use a strategy so extremely mindless and mechanical, yours isn't quite mechanical enough. For example, you sound like you have these rules for certain hands, like pushing PF with KK and AA, and "sometimes" with QQ and AK. When? AKo too? Pushing PF with AKo is probably a bad idea at any limit. And at that limit you should still be pushing hard if you hit a set on a monochrome flop. You can't just assume somebody else has a flush unless you're faced with lots of strength.

Limping with AQ in position - bad idea. Do you get away from this if the flop comes Q67 rainbow after you've limped it? Or Qxx?

Yada yada.

Those things being said, it would have to be a pretty terrible system to not make money at .05/.10. So yeah, you'll maybe make some money.

thrash1294 12-09-05 06:12 PM

Its a good strategy for a beginer I used it when I first started at no limit.worked very well for about and average of $20 to $60 a week playing and average of an hour to 3 a day.I recomend this style for beginners

JDMcNugent7 12-09-05 06:15 PM

I think it's prety much not even poker, its more like lets play the 2 cards we are dealt and hardly worry about the 5 most important cards that are about to come.
I doubt u will win with this strategy at any level higher than .10/.25, and I'm sure u arent making any kind of killing off it in the lower stakes either, if ur winning at all.

Also, is it any fun? Cuz it seems extremely boring and mechanical.

thrash1294 12-09-05 06:21 PM

IT WORKS!!!!
I Challenge anyone to try it .
1c2c no limit Buyin with $1
do it 5 different times
and post the results.
JD you talk alot of trash
And poker is not all fun and games buddy its math :cool:

johnp158 12-09-05 06:28 PM

Nobody said it wouldn't work at .01/.02. I think we both said it wouldn't work at limits that are higher. So I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. If that's the strategy that you want to use to make a few bucks at the microlimits, cool. You'll make some money. Good luck.

Edit: I love when people post strategies, and then when they're met with skepticism, they challenge other people to try it. Shouldn't the person selling the strategy be the one proving it with results? Post some results. Do you have pokertracker?

thrash1294 12-09-05 06:46 PM

No more pokertracker.
just a notebook.
NO hard feelings just a strategy thats works online in micr0 limit nl.

Zybomb 12-09-05 06:53 PM

wouldnt it get pretty boring?

Last night I played for 4 hours.

I was dealt AA 1 time
I was never dealt KK
I was never dealt QQ
I was dealt JJ 1 time
I was dealt AK 1 time

If I was not called on my all in with AA, then I succeeded in wasting 4 hours of my time, for a lossing session.]

Who knows if you can make money using this system (Ive never played 1 cent 2 cent blinds, nor would I ever) in the micro micro limits, but I would assume you can make more money using a normal poker strategy.

nflchad 12-09-05 07:21 PM

thrash1294 12-09-05 07:29 PM

yea and all that also .
should move this thread oops

its like the AA debate :D
dont get me started

PShabi 12-09-05 07:30 PM

What is the AA debate?

thrash1294 12-09-05 07:34 PM

oh no caught to much flack on that. :o
thread is fun with aa