The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Party Points are About To Expire! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5298)

Talking Poker 01-24-06 12:57 PM

Your Party Points are About To Expire!

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again... WTF is wrong with Party Poker? Stars keeps improving and Party keeps getting worse.

I'm a fairly big player (in relative terms), or at least I have the potential to be. I have money in my Party account, and I play in their weekly $200+15 (yes, that's $15 to them every time I play in it) once or twice a month. I've also logged - oh, I don't know - 50,000 raked hands with them in the past couple of years. Just a guess.

Seems to me that I would be the kind of person they's like to keep around.

So yesterday or the day before, I get an email from them telling me my 20,000 Party Points are about to expire and blah blah blah. I roll my eyes, but just to shut them up, I throw a couple hundred more bucks into the account and go play an orbit or two or cash games. I figure that should do that trick, right?

Well, guess what? I just got email #2 from them today, again reminding me that my points are about to expire.

I just sent them the following reply:
I'll be very interested to see what canned reply I get from India. I'm guessing it will either be one telling me how to make a deposit, how t orequest a hand history, or maybe it will actually address my question, but will be in garbled English that is all but impossible to understand.

If I'm not happy with their reply, they can consider that account closed. And I guess I will be "buying" a bunch of Party Poker hats and crap too. Oh, goody.

Talking Poker 01-24-06 01:01 PM

What... the... hell???

I just went to see what sort of stuff I could redeem my points for. Is there nothing there? I see a couple of women's shirts, a tote bag, and a license plate.

Are you kidding me? What are these stupid points for if there is nothing worth redeeming them for???

ChipFish 01-24-06 01:04 PM

This is great stuff.. What are you talking about?
I only need 307 more cars to go with my licence plate holders! :cool:

MAYHEM45 01-24-06 01:07 PM

I got 20 hats with my old accounts points. They still havent come in, but I can't wait for that package.

In other news, after all the stink people made about using the same neteller account with a new party account, all it took for me was 1 simple email, and I'm good to go.

Party is so dumb.

Talking Poker 01-24-06 01:10 PM

What did you say that made them ok with it?

And did you seriously order 20 hats? I suppose I could do that, you know, if they HAD HATS ANY MORE... Freaking Party. :rolleyes:

Talking Poker 01-24-06 01:10 PM

What did you say that made them ok with it?

And did you seriously order 20 hats? I suppose I could do that, you know, if they HAD HATS ANY MORE... Freaking Party. :rolleyes:

MAYHEM45 01-24-06 01:16 PM

So yeah, I'm good to go, even though the indian wording makes no sense.

And yeah I ordered 20 hats, but I closed the account the very next day, so who knows if I'll ever get them.

Talking Poker 01-24-06 01:31 PM

Classic. I am so looking forward to my reply.

PShabi 01-24-06 01:31 PM

I'll guess I'll suffer through shitty points and merchandise to play poker WITH THE WORST PLAYERS ON THE INTERNET!

Here's what I care about:

1) My money goes in quick.
2) My money comes out quick.

I don't need CS to stroke my dick or offer me merchandise in exchange for my play. I'll take a nice % rake back, thanks though.

So, all you sharks, go give Lee Jones a hummer and I'll stick to deciphering emails from Ahkbahr in Gibraltar. It's well worth it.

badblood44 01-24-06 01:42 PM

I have 10 hats and 3 shirts. Their marketing tactics would rate near the dumbfuck level, maybe closer to the vegetative state level perhaps.

Each site needs to have something to draw players towards it. Party still does have the fish, and that may be all that's necessary for some. However, as this industry matures, competition for player base will grow and Party will be left wondering why everyone went somewhere else.

Talking Poker 01-24-06 01:50 PM

hahahaha.... nice.

You make a very good point. And for cash games, Party is still on top of my list. I just haven't played 6 max lately, and when I have, I've been playing on Full Tilt. Not even sure why, but I have. I guess because they tend to give me $20 of my bonus for every session I play there.

The point is though, their marketing department SUCKS. Threatening potentially big players just can't be good for business.

Talking Poker 01-24-06 02:03 PM

Just received a very thoughtful personal reply from my good friend Pushpa. Please note the bold, as I have done BOTH of those things since their first email to me.

-----
Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting us.

According to the Player's Club Promotion, the points expire if the PCP account is inactive for a period of 30 days. Inactivity in this case refers to 'not earning' Player's Club 'Regular Party Points' for a continuous period of 30 days. You are required to earn at least 2 regular party points before 03-FEB-06, so that the points are not forfeited by the system automatically.

To ensure that your Player club Points are not expired, you have to play at PartyPoker.com and start earning 'Regular' Player Club Points immediately.

You can accumulate Regular Party Points while playing at our:

1. Live games
2. Single-table tournaments
3. Sit and Go Multi-tables tournaments
4. Regular Multi-table tournaments

Do you know the more Party Points you earn the higher will be your membership level and higher the membership level, the more Party Points you earn - which means that your PartyPoker.com Players Club benefits continue to get bigger and better!

We would also like to inform that you earn Party Points on each deposit you make. The Party Points will be credited into your account after a period of 7 days of the deposit date provided there is no redeem in these 7 days.

For more information please click on the link given below:

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Pushpa
Poker Customer Care

PShabi 01-24-06 03:11 PM

ENJOY!

GeoffM 01-24-06 04:02 PM

You can say that again :p.

2Tone 01-24-06 04:11 PM

I’m always up for a Party gripe session

TP, perhaps the reason you didn’t earn any Party Points is that you have to play 20 raked hands at any one limit to earn points. And of course, Party provides no way to track the number of raked hands, so should you play 19 raked hands, you earn no points. And deposits are not credited for 7 days.

I too am taking a break from Party, annoyed at the lack of bonuses and lack of any mid-level player loyalty program. So here’s what I’m doing to keep my 6k Party Points.

Play one $5+1 SNG a month.

Because the single dollar of rake I generate from a lowest possible SNG earns me Party Points, while 19 raked hands of 3/6 (or 15/30 for that matter) earns nothing.

I don’t know why Party would structure their program this way. It’s clear a lot of time/thinking went into it. And yet it doesn’t seem to benefit either the players or the house. Bizarre.

eejit101 01-24-06 05:28 PM

ummm, dudes?

there is a $100k tourney coming up in 4 days where the buy in is 20,000 party points. Why not fuck the site off after playing in that thing, and winning some free realy money to cash out when you go???

Just wondered if you looked at those tourneys. Under special, and free.....obviously:confused: :D

Talking Poker 01-24-06 05:48 PM

I most certainly did not. That's a pretty damn good idea right there. Any idea how many people will be in this thing? What's each entry "worth" in $$?

eejit101 01-24-06 06:27 PM

I want some serious love for finding that tourney. Its a $100k gtd tourney, no rebuys so a direct points buy in only freezeout. there is 854 in it so far, 5 days till start, alot of sattelites, so im guessing about 5k people approx?

worth it if you dont want to use them. They also have smaller ones daily for between 50 points and 5,000.

JDMcNugent7 01-24-06 06:52 PM

right when i had everything set up to put $ on party - i hear all this - i dn wut to do for sure now.
TP - are u really thinkin about cancelling ur account there ?

MAYHEM45 01-24-06 06:55 PM

I wouldnt worry about all this noise JD. What really matters is that the players there are TERRIBLE.

Govman6767 01-24-06 07:48 PM

Heh i have 15000 points and I don't know what to do with them prob play in tourneys with them because I ordered 2 hats over a year ago points were deducted from my account but no hats :)

Full tilt has some good stuff to get with points but I just started there and only have 1.5k :(

As a 25 50 100 N/L .... 20 dollar SNG player and a few MTTS I expect to get shit on once in a while I'm surprised they stick it to the bigger players like TP ????? Lemmie know what they tell you :)

Tony Cheval 01-24-06 08:30 PM

Meh, I've seen players at least as bad on InterPoker.

Not as many mind you, but they hardly have the monopoly some people seem to think. :D

PShabi 01-24-06 09:09 PM

People who play there, don't really have a problem with Party. Don't be a dumbass, LBMcNugent.:D

JDMcNugent7 01-24-06 10:38 PM

wow nice motivation:D I guess i will put my money on there afterall... once i get all ur confusing directions figured out.

PShabi 01-24-06 10:43 PM

Shhhh..... top secret.:p