The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I must have the WORST tournament luck (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585)

MadNinja 11-30-04 11:09 AM

I must have the WORST tournament luck

Yesterday I played in 2 cheap tournaments. I had an average stack of chips both times.

First tourney- Someone raises in front of me. I have A-Ks so I go all-in, figuring him on a lesser hand. He calls with A-7o. Feeling confident, figuring my odds are pretty good and glad that I called, flop comes:
7-A-7

turn comes.... 7

Are you serious? First of all, I'm shocked somebody called my All-in pre-flop with A-7, but a flop like that? WTF!!!!

Now if that wasn't bad enough:

2nd tourney (trying to make up for the first bad beat)
I call an all-in, once again, figuring my opponent on a weak hand and once again I was right.
I have A-A, he has K-8o. Another all-in call I can't understand. As I start counting his chips that I am about to accumulate, the flop comes:
10-8-8

I usually don't like to go all-in pre-flop but I thought in these instances my chances were pretty good. Am I a compete idiot or just unlucky??

SirFWALGMan 11-30-04 11:15 AM

Unlucky

You are Unlucky. That is how it is with tourneys sometimes. So be it. AK is kind of scary to go all in with if you have a decent stack left. At least try and make your A or K before commiting your whole tourney. I usually 3x-4xBB AK and see the flop. It would have been hard for you to fold to that particular flop, but if Qxx came out maybe you could have walked away.

With AA if your not willing to go all in pre-flop then just quit this game.

PShabi 11-30-04 11:47 AM

I am completely baffled by these calls. They must've had big stacks and been lucking to bust you.

Baseballa19 11-30-04 11:59 AM

I have rotten tournament luck, as well. Of course, it may not be luck. I take some chances early that I probably shouldn't take just to try and build a stack.

jillaj 11-30-04 01:40 PM

Yesterday i had the same luck. Had to stop playing before I went nuts or broke something.

jimmym 11-30-04 03:16 PM

You got one word right LUCK
We all have had bad luck and it sticks in our minds, but everyone who plays poker also has some good luck. The trouble is we dont get good luck so often.

Jim.

BrianSwa 11-30-04 03:58 PM

yea

i would of layed the A-k down if it was all my chips but the AA wow that sucks. I personally try not to go all in pre-flop i let the morons do taht and eliminate eachother.

Penguinfan 11-30-04 05:40 PM

Line forms in the rear

I have to say that I have confessed to having THE worst luck of all time barring none. I have moved on and now just blame myself for a lack of skill, I am a better player for it. Though I still think I am the unluckiest son of a bitch on the planet. I played BadLuck Schleprock from the Flintstones one time and he said "Damn dude your unlucky"

drewjax 11-30-04 06:47 PM

I keep losing in a home game tourney to a bunch of kids, 17, 18 yrs. old. Its ridiculous. I play tight, have a good read on them and them pounce when i have a chance, but of course get busted. flop top two pr. with 4 left; I dont slow play, I push pretty hard, get called down with a draw and lose. Lost AK vs. AQ and he went on to win. Over and Over. I also lost when heads up, (to an older guy) with top pr. to bottom pr. with a belly buster, and he came back to win. Unreal. Just gotta keep going and hope it all evens out.

Penguinfan 11-30-04 07:12 PM

I firmly believe it is not about skill in anything in life, God gives you a place and fuck you if you don't like it. You can't get better of worse or luckier or unluckier, you are what you are.