The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Sleeper Site (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7095)

X-Longshot-X 06-14-06 07:47 PM

Best Sleeper Site

What is your favorite not so popular pokersite.....one that not to many poeple play at/Know about.....mine is Jetsetpoker.....i like the layout and the types of tournies that they have

kkirk1329 06-14-06 07:58 PM

i heard something about sit and go tournies there where you get extra money for knocking people out? this sounds like a very cool idea to me.

eejit101 06-14-06 08:04 PM

sit and go and normal tourneys.

For example, they have a $109 buyin, $25k guaranteed soon. Half the buyins go to the pool, half allocated for boutnies. However, the more you play, the higher your bounty is. I dont play much, so mine is basic. but in a $109, expect the person who played most the week before to have a $250 bounty

Zybomb 06-14-06 08:14 PM

The club where I go to has something like this every other Thursday

Instead of the traditional 200+20 freezeout (which they cleverly call a $220 freezeout) they have a 200+50 freezeout (cleverly called a $250 freezeout), but you get $30 dollars for every player you knock out... kind of a cool concept, it just started this past week and I havent played yet...if I do I'll let you know how it goes

kkirk1329 06-14-06 08:20 PM

please do, this does sound like a very cool tourney, wish they had those on titan.

Akverno 06-14-06 08:42 PM

I hate bounties, they end up playing similiar to a rebuy where people go all in on gutshots to try and knock someone out for the bounty. The one I played in was a 50 dollar ish tournament and five dollar bounty on everyone's head. I'm not a fan, if you add in that for some reason people play like morons in em and a depleted prize pool to fuel the moron type play it just adds up to a style of tournament I don't like.

Reel Deal 06-15-06 09:58 AM

My favorite "sleeper site" is Titan because of the high volume of fish (most of whom are French... lol).

PShabi 06-15-06 10:09 AM

Party

Robbie Robb 06-15-06 10:47 AM

Agreed. I just started playing @ Titan and I can't believe the number of people that call down with absolutey NOTHING. I swear, I could turn my cards over face-up (if the software allowed it) and these fish would still call my best hand down.

Reel Deal 06-15-06 11:05 AM

LMAO!! I've honestly started looking for tables with one or more Frenchies at it as I have yet to find one that is there for any reason other than donating money to the rest of the players at the table. It's hard to believe but I don't think there's one person in that country that has the first clue about how to play poker. It's actually getting comical.