The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WPT on Travel Channel Saturday (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747)

Kidd7138 12-12-04 02:56 AM

WPT on Travel Channel Saturday

Did anyone see the WPT event on the Travel Channel Saturday afternoon? I can't remember the guys name but there was a dentist who ended up taking second. The amazing thing was that for the entire final table until the last hand he never had to show his cards, he pushed in a lot and everyone kept folding to him, he lost when the player who went on to win started the heads up match with like an 8 to 1 chip lead. The final hand of the day was the only one he showed at the final table.

Gutzz 12-12-04 03:29 AM

I've seen that episode.

It's hilarious.

Cheerss,

Gutzz

BrianSwa 12-12-04 05:33 AM

hi

I remember the one where the guy doubled up like 5 times he was last made it to heads up. He had a straight on river and other guy also had a straight but the sucker straight and he called with it

Gutzz 12-12-04 07:19 AM

Paul Phillips had the sucker straight Mel Juda had the manly straight :). I didn't like it when Paul said, "wow, I got a straight." But REALLY liked how little Mel reacted to it and looked concerned/serious :).

Yeah I really really liked that episode. Seen it several times. I like the bluff Paul did on the Unibomber, but really how could the unibomber call with his hand? just impossible. Haven't seen that episode in a long time tho... Didn't Mel pull off a nice bluff and show 'with gusto'? I liked that :).

Cheers,

Gutzz

omahilo 12-12-04 12:01 PM

That episode was on last Wednesday and last night I think at 6 PM. that was a easy fold by Paul Phillips since he didnt put much into the pot and was risking his whole tourney in a situation where he was prolly either splitting the pot or losing.

Paul learned alot from that tho and ended up winning a WPT event later on.

Tuff Luck 12-12-04 04:00 PM

I saw the episode with Paul and Mel. Good stuff.

drewjax 12-17-04 02:51 AM

Not really a Paul Phillips fan. Anyone else?? I know its tough to know what anyone is really like from tv, but he dyed his hair red in one tournament. wtf is that?

jdiana86 12-18-04 09:06 PM

Maybe he lost a bet...he is a poker player.

eddo31 12-19-04 11:20 AM

im not really sure that him dying his hair is that big of a deal. it certainly didnt change my assessment of him. that is about the least annoying thing that draws attention that i have seen. i cant stand the antics of the unabomber, or "DAAAAA" from mattias.

Gutzz 12-19-04 03:05 PM

I have flip flopped whether to like PP or not.

First I did, then I hated him, then after reading his posts on 2+2 and his blog site I like him again. He considers himself to be one of the top 10 tournament players in the world, and I dunno bout that... But he's still on my good side :).

Cheers,

Gutzz

PS. A few of his posts on 2+2, although seemingly obvious comments, really influenced my thinking about the game we call life err I mean poker ;).

2Tone 12-19-04 03:07 PM

Comcast digital subscribers

We how have select WPT episodes available onDemanmd, and commercial free. Pretty cool.