The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   100K not so impossible... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8095)

JDMcNugent7 09-01-06 08:55 PM

100K not so impossible...

i had to look that up and find it, its from february. i REALLY wanted this - and im actually really proud of all the work i put into it to make sure it happened.

I hit and went past $100,000 profit all from poker today. CRAZY stuff. i am so happy i made this goal -and i still have 90 days left.

now to go be a college kid and party. i love it.

hiimbob12 09-01-06 08:57 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6 figures is NOT IMPOSSIBLE. Id be happy to see 4 figures right about now. YOU ARE AWESOME :thumbsup:

Spuddy 09-01-06 08:58 PM

I'll bet you one Canadian dollar, you can't hit a million in 5 years! ;)

Boobie Lover 09-01-06 09:00 PM

I'll take that bet.

eejit101 09-01-06 09:06 PM

edited that.

And jesus man, cash half out and buy a mustang or a aston martin or something

juiCe[3x] 09-01-06 09:06 PM

WOW! Very nice, I wish i could do that :D

PShabi 09-01-06 09:11 PM

Wow. Ur Smart. I wonder why Eeshit has money problems.

eejit101 09-01-06 09:15 PM

kinda going for the "have fun and live life to the max while your young" thing, than "save it and whatever" line.

Hes in college, hell get a good job. Hes getting drunk every night and hopefully sleeping with the entore campus of females. Why not have some fun with something you had fun making?

Talking Poker 09-01-06 09:37 PM

Very, very, very nice, my man. You should be really proud of that.

Now do yourself a favor and keep that roll above $100k for the rest of the year too, ok? Hell, you might as well make it an even $125!

What did you start the year with? Cause you cashed out a bunch, right? In fact, I'm pretty sure that one year ago TODAY, you were still just a broke punk.

Man.... as happy as I am for so many of the other players who have had success stories here (most recently Boobie, who has been going nuts), your story is definitely my favorite... PLAY MONEY!!!!

GG wonbderboy.

Defendant 09-01-06 11:27 PM

100k is fuckin impressive man!

Keep it up!

omahilo 09-01-06 11:54 PM

definately amazing...

went from joke of the forum to one of the best on the forum in less than a year.

Talking Poker 09-02-06 12:33 AM

Actually, I'd say he did that much in just a few months. Since then, all he's done is continue to impress me. I remember when his bankroll hit $4k and he cashed a bunch out - I still wasn't a believer.

Silly me.

Aequitas58 09-02-06 12:46 AM

JD,

Absolutely disgusting. Congrats on hitting the year-end goal at the beginning of September.

Eejit,

If he continues rolling the way he does, and online poker is banned by the US gvmt, he won't need to "get a job."

Talking Poker 09-02-06 12:52 AM

You know, for a college boy with 6 figures in his pocket, you sure suck at math. Or calendars.

JDMcNugent7 09-02-06 02:38 AM

thanks every1. feels like it took forever. its funny how my life is no different, i cant think of the last expensive thing i bought (besides stock). im still cheap as hell.
i just want all $ for later in life.

PShabi 09-02-06 04:42 AM

Lou,

Proofread.

Phil:D

jaeh00d 09-02-06 04:55 AM

that has got to be one of the most stupid thinks i have ever heard. you never seem to suprise me eejit..

omahilo 09-02-06 09:49 AM

I dont know what Aston Martin your buying with 50K... maybe if half his bankroll was closer to 150-175K.

I know if I had that much, I would cash some out tho and buy myself something nice to reward myself for all of my hard work, unless you have done that already.

melioris 09-02-06 10:43 AM

First- JD you rock. That is beyond incredible.

Second, since this is turning into a "What should JD do with his money" thread, I say stay a cheap bastard JD. You are young, learn to live poor and don't touch your money other than to invest it. Cash is more addictive than any drug, don't get hooked on it yet. Although it seems like forever, if you are typical you are thinking of having a wife and kids in 10-15 years. Trust me, that money will go a lot farther then (and really help you get important things, like a house and stuff like cost real money) than it will during your freshman year in college.

But you already know all this shit otherwise you wouldn't be in the fantastic position you are in right now :thumbsup:

GTDawg 09-02-06 01:33 PM

Ain't a thing wrong with that.

Keep the poker at a solid level. Have a blast in college. And you'll have a kickass life set up in 4/5 years.

kkirk1329 09-02-06 01:39 PM

amazing man, keep it going.

lightfungus 09-02-06 01:50 PM

Congratulations JD, way to meet that goal.

Gordogg 09-02-06 10:00 PM

I'm truly amazed and truly sick at the same time. I enjoy JD"s success story but deep down it makes me feel like a failure at poker myself. I believe I"m a very good player but i've never been able to come close to accomplishing shit like this. It's an ego thing. It's also a realiazation that I may not be as good as I think, and I hate that. GG JD, keep raking in the cash man.

Robbie Robb 09-02-06 10:21 PM

Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me, but JD's success is an inspriation to me - that with the right discipline, I too, can turn my paltry bankroll into something worthy.

juiCe[3x] 09-02-06 11:14 PM

You should take the money from what you went over with, if it is anough, and buy yourself something so you arent spending a lot of your winnings.