The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   back under 100k (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8885)

JDMcNugent7 11-03-06 07:39 PM

back under 100k

Beat: im back under 100k total. i dont really even know how.
today i lost 10k tho, 2k HU sng's killed me. I honestly got my $ All in preflop with the best Every single time. every single one, and lost 4 straight vs same guy who even said "don't worry, im sure in the long run you kick my ass". wow thx.
AQ lost to AT's flush, KQ to KT, JJ to A8, and i dont remember the other one.

then on a bit of tilt myself, someone told me that ApocolypsPLZ was tilting bad so i played him HU at 5knl. i know its not the best idea, but i have watched him literally dish off 30k in one session, pushin 5k preflop vs. OilFish when he was tilting.
plus, i honestly dont think he has that big an edge.

anyway we got into a 1k pot preflop me with K7s him with 44. rainbow flop 47K. i obviously think i just hit the jackpot and end up getting stacked in disbeleif. i mean he has AK or AA, even QQ half the time there the way we were playing.

:mad: what a fuckin annoying grind poker can be.
complaining to my friends about losing honestly puts it back into perspective when they just basically say "shut the hell up, I wish I had 10k to lose".
im also finding out what a freakin nit-fest stars is. god party poker needs to come back

BrianSwa 11-03-06 07:49 PM

hey JD

shut the hell up!!

JDMcNugent7 11-03-06 07:56 PM

was waiting for that.

and honestly i know about variance, about the long run, and that i should be thrilled to be up 95k whats almost a year. I was really only posting to let you guys know where I was - after hittin 100k awhile ago, and then that Limit madness where I won like 15k in one sitting, I didn't want people thinking I was near 150k or anything. :cool:

BrianSwa 11-03-06 08:04 PM

wondering

seriously why does it matter what any of us think? I think you have proven yourself enough. I know I for one don't sit here waiting for your next update, I honestly don't care if you are over 100k or not. Id rather hear level by level how you are doing in a big tourney over how much you made in one week. I must rather read the railbird section then know if you are over 100k or not. Maybe thats just me but lately I have tried to get away from stressing how much I have and pay more attention in grinding the levels and playing well enough to stay at that level.

sorry if Iam comming off as a ass just my 2 cents.

Penguinfan 11-03-06 08:09 PM

You're not alone JD

I too am under 100K. :(

eejit101 11-03-06 10:14 PM

me 2!

And JD, FTP is where the fish went! (this rogue23 guy is there i know of, and hes a complete fish) Go get some worms

Aequitas58 11-03-06 10:57 PM

You've mentioned that you're talking to some higher stakes players, which is awesome, but just be careful they aren't leading you into someone who's at the top of their game - or - who's playing lights out. I know a lot of these big-time guys work together...

As far as you dipping below $100k. Blow me. :thumbsup:

Talking Poker 11-03-06 11:43 PM

Ignore Brian. I like the post.

It's a nice reality check for you and everyone else here. You are obviously a long term winning player, but there is a lesson to be learned - Variance is a bitch and she MUST be respected. It sounds like you were even playing well (for the most part anyway) today and just ran into some bad luck. Imagine if you were tilting on top of it!!!

I think posts like this are much more beneficial to you and everyone reading them than your "60k 90k in 100 days" ones.

P.S. I know you know this, but you'll win it all back and then some.... in TIME.

Talking Poker 11-03-06 11:44 PM

There is no Rogue23 at Full Tilt, but you are right that that is where the fish went.

Robbr25 11-03-06 11:49 PM

not anymore right, you had one there before though.

Boobie Lover 11-04-06 10:21 PM

I have not made less than 100K the past year.

Talking Poker 11-04-06 10:27 PM

Assuming I'm reading that right (or rather that you wrote it right), then you don't not deserve congratulations. GG.

eejit101 11-04-06 10:47 PM

double negative, to me that says hes made over 100k last year. If so, fuck!

Boobie Lover 11-04-06 11:09 PM

This is correct. Although instead of "fuck!", I believe the correct connotation is "Fuck Yeah Bitches!"

lightfungus 11-05-06 10:44 AM

Wow, nh man.