The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9533)

omahilo 12-28-06 03:44 PM

Question

Okay Ive got a question...

I had PT on my old computer but lose PT when I got my new computer, I was wondering if it would be alright if I emailed them and told them this and see if I can get it back.

I paid for it along time ago and they might not remember this.

X-Longshot-X 12-28-06 03:52 PM

I dont have PT, but i would think that it is their obligation to make sure the product can be put on another pc. IT would be unfair if you had to pay twice, but then again, people are dumbasses and like to steal products so idk, i would think they have to though.

Talking Poker 12-28-06 04:16 PM

You are allowed to put it on two different computers.

I had mine on my desktop and laptop and then upgraded my laptop. I emailed them and explained, and they sent me a new Product ID for my new laptop.

Just email them and be honest, and they will hook you up.

New Guy 12-28-06 05:00 PM

Yeah Ive been in contact with them and they are really cool and willing to help you out!

omahilo 12-28-06 05:14 PM

alright I still got my email from when I originally bought it so you would think they would be cool about it.

I will give it a try.

BrianSwa 12-28-06 05:29 PM

hey

I have asked for a new code about 6 times, all you have to do is email Pat and ask him and he will give you new code. It might be helpful if you had your old product code from your 1st pokertracker.

I asked for new one when I got new desktop, new notebook and like 4 times I uninstalled pokertracker saying poker sucks and im not playing anymore.

BlibbityBlabbity 12-28-06 05:31 PM

Install it on your new computer and get the code from the "about" page and send them an email (with that code in it) asking for a new code for the computer (explaining the circumstances) and they will send the code to unlock. I have had to do this numerous times while reinstalling computers and having them wiped clean from repairs/.

Without the code from your computer they cannot generate the new one, so that would save you a step.

omahilo 12-28-06 05:36 PM

alright thanks for the replies...

I was going to post this awhile ago but was too busy to do so.

omahilo 12-28-06 05:42 PM

okay so how do I get hand histories from pokerstars?

I havent done this in forever.

BrianSwa 12-28-06 05:46 PM

k

request> handhistory.

but pokertracker will pull from your hand history folder so shouldnt need to search your hand histories.

omahilo 12-28-06 05:47 PM

I wanted to put them in PT...

doesnt stars hand histories save to your computer automatically then you can get them off your computer when you enter PT?

omahilo 12-28-06 05:48 PM

I got it.... I had to set it up on stars to have them save in a folder...

got it now.

MAYHEM45 12-28-06 06:21 PM

PT Pat is muthafuckin awesome. Ive got my code probably 4 times from him. If he charge a yearly renewal fee for PT I would gladly pay it as well. 55 Bucks is a steal, and thats comin from a guy that pirates everything and is pro open source.

PShabi 12-28-06 08:13 PM

That's just sad.

BrianSwa 12-28-06 08:25 PM

yep

agreed.

I have heard it from others on here also but doubt they went to the extreme I did and uninstalled pokertracker.

Talking Poker 12-28-06 09:33 PM

I'm with you man.

In all honesty, he should change his business model to $25 setup +$20 per year renewal ($45 for the first year, $20 every year after that) or something similar. Most of us would be willing to pay 10 times that amount, but I think that would be a good business model for the average user too.

It's hand donw, by far, without a doubt, the best poker add on program out there, and he deserves every penny he's made from it and a whole lot more. The fact that so many other people make (and sell!) programs that are simply ADD ONS to this program tells you something right there.

BrianSwa 12-28-06 09:35 PM

whelp

I also agree and would pay.

Robbie Robb 12-28-06 11:26 PM

Rob sits back and waits for Shabi to chime in on this like he did in the PT forum when someone suggested this same idea there... :cheers:

PShabi 12-28-06 11:59 PM

:cheers: :cheers: :twocents:

Talking Poker 12-29-06 12:04 AM

heh. I would never write what I wrote here on that forum, of course.