View Single Post
Old 01-07-07, 10:47 PM
Banned

Boobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Just finished the day with 139,400.

I sucked out badly in a hand that I shouldn't have played to begin with at the beginning of the day. UTG+2 raises and I call stupidly with AJo. Flop is J83 with two spades, I check/raise this guy that committed him (I think he stated with around 70k), but he calls with only 20k behind. Turn is a nice J, and he call my push with QQ. River is no help and I get up to about 150kish.

Not much happened for a long time at this table that I was at the majority of the time. I couldn't ever get a hand, and it seemed to be always a raised pot by the time it got to me. The only way I kept afloat and moved up a litte bit was by restealing a bunch of times, especially versus this one guy to my right.

I was around 160k when the followign hand happened. Folded to me in the hijack and raise with KJ. I don't remember what the blinds were at the time so I'll just tell it in terms of the size of the pot. Folded to this semi-loose Central American dude who call. Flop is a nice JJ7 rainbow. Check, I bet 2/3 pot, call. Turn is a 3 still rainbow. Check, I check behind. The guy seemed aggressive, and I was certain that he would bet on the end if I checked here. Anyway, river is a T. He bets the size of the pot, I shove which is a litte bit more than double his bet (probably too thin), and he instacall with 33. I think in retrospect, I should have just called, but the guy seemed bad at the time. Oh well, whatever.

That put me down to about 80k. I don't remember any big hands for a while. On the hour that the money bubble broke, I folded for what seemed like an hour and half. Somehow, I didn't bubble and was guaranteed 10k. Wippee.

Then, THE HAND comes up. You know the monster, 82o in the cutoff. Anyway, I told myself before the hand that I was going to open no matter what or reraise any reasonable stack. So, guy to my left open for 8k, I reraise to about 25k, and all fold to him who calls. Now, I was fairly certain that he would have medium pair. Probably 77-JJ, maybe QQ or AQ.

Anyway, the flop comes A72 with two diamonds. Now, the guy donks into me for 25k. Hmmm, what is that? Oh yeah, an invitation for the ole' reraise bluff. I wanted to reraise to 60k, and I still think I announced "reraise to 60k", but apparently I said rerasie 60k more, which left me with 1.5k behind. Stupid live game semantics. The guy tanks forever, and I'm sitting there shaking (bah stupid online donkey calm the fuck down). The guy says he doesn't believe I have an ace, and then says this will probably be a horrible call by him. I'm thinking if there is any way I can fold 1.5k into a 200k pot. Finally, the guy folds what he says is TT and I show the monster to the table. The guy asks me if I can play him in a cash game after that, which I say I would. Hopefully, that day will come to fruition.

Nothing else happens. John Phan was sporting a shortstack basically the whole time I there playing with him. I repopped him with TT once, and he folded after his initial bet was about 1/3 his stack. With about 40 minutes left, I get moved to a new table. The guy I had 82o against is upset that I am being forced to another table. I hope I get the opportunity to own his ass again tomorrow.

The person to my left at the new table is sporting a huge stack (I think 380k). That person is ZeeJustin (you might know him as the guy that multi-accounted the big online tournies then got his money confiscated later). Folded to me, I raise K3o in the SB, ZeeJustin cals. Flop is 752. I cbet 1/2 pot. He call. Turn is K. I bet 2/3 pot. He calls. River is a 2. I check, I bets near the live of the pot (75k). That was a little more than 1/2 my stack, and tanked for about 2.5 minutes. I couldn't really put him on a hand that made a lot of sense. I think hearts would have put more money on the flop, or folded the turn. A pair lower than kings wouldn't bet that much on the river (or at all basically). I pussed out in the end and folded. Probably should have called.

I survived another day which is always a plus. Average is about 155k I believe.