Thread: Ethics Question
View Single Post
Old 02-28-07, 01:48 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I remember this vividly. The funny thing is, that NAMELESS guy, (and I think he was basically a nameless guy at the time), has now turned into Cowboy Kenna James. A pretty decent player, and he has even been a commentator on several poker shows.
As for the subject at hand, its tough to say. Like with this Kenna James thing, (pulling jacket over head), or Phil Laak doing the same thing. There are no RULES against it, but many feel its just not right. I know that Negreanu hates this BS. He can often get on his soapbox, but he has a good point. Where do you draw the line? He asks the question that if all this is LEGAL, what would stop someone from literally bringing a box, and sitting in it while playing (maybe with little holes for his arms to push chips etc. lol danger Will Robinson)? Is that cool?
Also, I dont use them, but what about all these programs, like PT, HUDace, etc. TP and others have said they draw the line if the sites allow them (and I basically agree with that premise). But correct me if I'm wrong, but dont some sites TECHNICALLY not allow datamining? I am pretty sure this is the case. That is why some of these other programs/add-ons have popped up, to allow players to datamine when its not SUPPOSED to be happening. Another example is using information from sites like SharkScope. Again, I am pretty sure that Stars (and other sites) say that datamining in this fasion is not allowed. But the info is out there. So is it unethical for someone to buyin to a sng or mtt, and look up someones stats on sharkscope or the pokerdb? Well I think techinically it is not allowed by the site so it should be considered unethical. BUT, if everyone else is doing it, wtf right. You are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not using all the info.

I would love to play in an online world where we all had one ID. I think that is the most ethical way to do it. I think that to switch your ID is a BIT unethical. But again, if everyone else is doing it..............

With all of this babbling I think the answer is clear..There is no right answer either way.