View Single Post
Old 04-09-07, 04:58 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default update and some help please

Ive been playing low level cash games since the beginning of the year on pokerstars and ladbrokes, mainly 10/25 25/50 and some 50/$1.

Running pokertracker since the start I have built up a nice database on regular players at this level. being new to cash table poker after years of tournament poker I am starting to find my game a bit now and again using pokertracker starting to select a few players who I win against to play.

Allthough I am realy only up a few hundred playing around 40 hours a month around $3-60 a hour I really want to stick to this as I feel I can build a decent roll, my tournament play I feel has improved no end since playing cash tables as I now play more aggressive and go for the win instead of place money and I have mainly stuck to low level pl omaha and seem to do well in all of these, since my change in my play I have won around $2000 which is about $1300 profit, my weakness is sit and gos and I must be down around $1000 since the start of the year and as of today have decided to leave these alone until I find out what I am doing wrong (again using pokertracker to anilise).

I need a few pointers though about cash tables, I am finding that some of the lower level tables are difficult to build on, I am winning but its a chore, when I move up above the $1 I can play tight aggressive and patient but dont feel comfortable and this situation is costing me money.

I know we (or you) have mentioned this before but playing at levels on cash tables what roll should I be looking at, I remember 6 max buy ins being mentioned, which is what I am doing at the moment.

What would you say is the min hands required to get a true impression of how a player usually plays?
Would you consider moving up levels based on the cash you are winning,,the hours/hands you play at a level.

Does running pokertracker on yourself scare you? I say this after realising that I nearly never raised a hand,check raised or showed much aggression after loading many thousand hands I played, this I feel helped me in playing as I have now changed completely and have turned into an aggresive player.

My worry about moving up is this aggression though,

I mentioned last week that I run a small poker league at this time mainly with players from work and its growing a bit, I am running a site so members can keep updated and to be totally honest have used some of the info from here when giving tips.

I find that since I have started this I now play alot better as I feel I need to, otherwise players wont bother with my site.

I am not telling anyone on this forum the name of my site (TP only), this post is not about that, I still need to be part of this forum to learn and improve, which after years of not taking in what is on offer here I am finally doing.

So to wrap this up please look at what I have hi-lited in bold and give me some pointers please.