View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 02:17 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

playing at levels on cash tables what roll should I be looking at,
There is no right answer.
It's whatever makes you comfortable.
Some go by the 20-25 Buyin rule, others go with less others go with more.

Well, there is no right answer, but there certainy are wrong answers - and "6" is a wrong answer. I'd recommend at least 20. 50 would be better, but at least 20. You can "take a shot" with 10, but you can't guarantee that you won't go broke if you play like that, which is what most people are really asking when they ask about Bankroll Management.

Thanks guys, this is why I am not feeling comfortable. were did I get 6 buyins from.

with 50 hands (and often, even less), you should have a decent idea how loose/tight and passive/aggressive a guy is, and that's the most important.

I am glad you said this as I agree.

If you play 1 million hands of 1/2 and are still breaking even or losing, it's not time to move up. This is where bankroll management comes in to play.

I understand the importance of bankroll management now, I hope I can put it to practice, so am sticking to 25/50 as this allows for the buy-in rule you both mention.

When I meet the buy-in rule for the next level thats when I move up and up and up.

Does running pokertracker on yourself scare you?
No.
Sometimes it surprises me, sometimes it confirms what I was thinking, sometimes it helps me learn something new, sometimes it doesn't do anything for me.

No, but numbers generally look how I want them to look.

does this not suprise me. Again thanks TP and CHIP, great info for me.