View Single Post
Old 05-02-07, 09:27 PM
<--------- dickhead

stormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

in my opinion a low PFR to me means bad player because if you enter a pot your really should be raising.

BUT

your sample size is way too low if you dont have at least over 100 hands on them the numbers dont really mean much. BUT no just because someone raises a little dosent mean they have premiem. What position they are in, have they folded alot of hands? is their VPIP low.

A low vpip and a low PFR and a pretty good sample size would send red flags up to me and I would fold my AQ there. A high VPIP and a low or high PFR I might raise my AQ or maybe even just call if he had been raising alot. If I raise my AQ and a high VPIP and high PFR raises me that is a time when I might pu in a 3 bet because I know that he dosnt have to have premiem to do that because he has been playing real loose and I want to make him make a hard decision.

Its like a hand I played with talking poker a little while ago, I raised from the button with Q9 and tp from the button put in a raise. Now I had folded to this same play 2 times before but I knew that TP was a solid player and he knew that I didnt have to have a big hand there to raise. So I knew if I 3 bet him there he would have to give me credit for a hand. Now I would never do that against a guy with high vpip and high cold call % , I didnt know TP's numbers there but from watching his videos I knew he would either have to fold there or shove and I put him to the hard decision and that is what you want to do in poker. You do not want to be the guy calling you want to be the one making your opponents have to make hard decisions. Now of course with my Q9 I was either folding to a shove or taking pot down there, if he did call which I was positive he wouldnt I could easily put him on something like AA or KK or at worse QQ and I could play the flop accordingly. That is where the numbers come in play, use them to affect how you play flop textures.

Last edited by stormswa; 05-02-07 at 09:43 PM.