Thread: MTT Strategy.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-05, 12:02 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Coin Flip

I have been getting more interested in these and playing a few. I placed 4th, 99th, and 30th in my last three which is pretty good. Grand total profit of like 420 maybe.

I think you have to build a big stack by taking chances and getting a little lucky. Wait for the good cards, but try to keep pace. I find you have to go all in with something decent and win the coin toss a couple of times to make the good money.

The thing I want to try is building a large stack earlier in the tourney, instead of scrambling for one towards the end. Both methods could work but it is hard to hang in there waiting at the end. Playing a few more hands towards the beginning and hitting a flop just right might get you the chips you need to make it at the end.

I will let you know how it goes.. The SNGs and ring games are easy money though. The MTTs are VERY hard to place in. In my 4th place finish there were a few times when I had 4 to a flush, and I had to go all in, and win the coin-toss to continue on. However these risks catapulted me to the final table. Another example was last night when I had KK, all in one seat before me, I think, and call. I see him turn up QQ instead of AA. It was a calculated risk but it got me into the 30th spot. I then took the risk with JJ vs KJ and lost. I was favored, got all my money in, and if I had won I would have been catapulted to the final table. As is I went out with a very small amount of money and felt that I made the right play.