View Single Post
Old 06-26-07, 06:51 PM
Shark

Windbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default Backing deal - what's fair?

I'll make up names to make it easier.

Sandy and Paul are pretty good friends. Sandy and Tracy are cousins. Paul does not in the same city as the Sandy/Tracy.
About 15 minutes before the $650 WSOP ME satellite begins, Sandy asks Paul are you available? Paul says ya, why? Sandy says, Tracy wants to play the WSOP satellite but we have to go out for dinner. Can you take over when we go?

Paul says sure...why not. Paul didn't ask for a cut and only expects to play for an hour or so. Tracy says she'll give 5% if she ends up winning a seat. Paul was like basically sure..whatever.

Tracy starts the tourney and doubles up early and ends the first break with 6200. This is about double the chip average at this point. This is when Sandy and Tracy leave for dinner. Before they leave, they indicate to Paul that it may longer than he expects since it's a big family gathering. Paul didn't think too much of it.

Long story short, Paul continues to play for another 7 hours without a word from Sandy/Tracy. No clue where they went, but just kept playing. Paul goes on and won the seat.

Sandy/Tracy tells Paul the dinner took longer than expected, and when they returned home, there was a power outage and obviously can't log on.

Originally Tracy was planning to play in the ME and take a 12k package, now because of recent down swing will just take the 11k cash.

How much should Tracy give Paul?