Thread: TP league(s)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-07, 04:09 PM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I dont know if anyone thinks this is a good option, and TP may definately frown upon this (understandably??), BUT............

We could let someone else do the work for us....

Why not have our own sub-forum-section of the Negreanu open?

They just started a new set, but I think they have a new set every quarter.

These are all on stars now btw.

Basically, they play a $10+1 HORSE MTT on tuesday nights and a $10+1 NLHE MTT on wednesday nights. I think they have seperate leaderboards for each. They have SOME added prize money, but not as much as they used to I guess.

ADVANTAGES:

1. We would get to play in larger MTT fields with a bunch of good players.
2. Its already set up, leaderboards will be updated for us etc.
3. We could make our own sidebets here (send money to TP for top TP finishers; maybe 1 each for horse/nlhe/combined)
4. We might get some good posters from FCP to come over here.
5. We would be able to cater to those who like to play something other than NLHE.
6. They structure is better than regular MTT's (I am pretty sure). They start with 3000 chips, and I think the levels are a couple minutes longer.

DRAWBACKS:

1. It wouldnt just be 'our little thingy'
2. We would have to navigate over to FCP to check out leaderboards/post links etc.
3. We could get a few idiots from FCP here who think the only reason for a poker forum is for flame wars (I dont really see this as a problem, as we can simply ban new morons!!)

If anything, maybe we could use the Neg-O as a guideline to set up our own thing.

Check out FCP forums for more info and details.

Disclaimer......

TP, feel free to delete/move this if you want.
I am certainly not intending to 'spam' another forum, its just a thought.
The two poker sites I check in to almost daily (for the past couple years) are here and FCP. I really just browse through the general forum, see whats up in the poker world. DN's blogs are good stuff too. I have certainly used our forum more in the way of strategy etc. In a huge forum, its hard to know who is giving advice. You get so many opinions, and some are from total fish.
Here, you get a smaller sample size of opinions, but you get mostly GREAT opinions, and its easier to tell the difference

Anyway, just my

Flame away.

*cringes at TP's response*