View Single Post
Old 01-18-05, 09:37 AM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default I do not always agree..

I am a wimp and I routinely fold A high on the flop and stuff. However it all depends. If you have equity in the pot, and are getting odds for your 8 outs, and the flop is some rag with no connectors, or two s000ted cards then I throw a bet out at least on the flop. It does two things. First: You raised pre-flop (You better have or I am not talking to you anymore), and you probably have a pot worth winning. The bet could win you the pot straight out if nobody hit at all. If not it a small bet and if the turn does not help you you either check for the free card, bet as a bluff, and bet the river too because you gotta keep the bluff going, or fold to a bet. If you hit your A or K obviously you are going to throw a bet out there.

With the Pocket Pair Question: are you saying you have pocket J's and an ace is on the flop? What was your question there? I usually fold under-pockets if the flop has a higher card UNLESS I have a damn good read on the guy I am playing against and KNOW he is bluffing.