Thread: sox vs cards
View Single Post
Old 10-24-04, 04:31 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Life-long sox fan

This is not my father;s red sox organization. In any other year, there is no way we could win this game after walking so many guys and commiting 4 ERRORS!!!! Those errors led directly to 3 runs, and the other one put a guy on 2nd with 2 outs who was then driven in, and another run scored in that inning too. So you could say that the errors led to 5 runs for the cards.

The Red Sox are not supposed to win those games. In years past, Bellhorn's 8th inning game winning home run would have gone foul by about an inch...and then he would have hit into an inning ending double play. Also, in the top of the 8th, the umps really helped us out on the Edmonds strike out...that last called strike was a dubious call...at best.

To win that game with Wakefield starting, we really helped ourselves out...considering St.Louis hasnt lost at home in the playoffs yet, I didnt feel comfortable at all going there tied 1-1. We got the Wakefield game out of the way, and now I hope we get the Game 6 Schilling from the yankees series...and not the Game 1.

The Sox have now had game winning or tying runs in the 8th inning or later in 4 out of our 8 wins so far in the playoffs....I mean, that stat always went to the other team against us in the playoffs. There's no way in hell I'm about to jinx us by making any predictions that we will win...but lets just say I like our chances.

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!