View Single Post
Old 08-16-07, 04:49 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

There is no right answer as it is very situational. My original question was specifically addressing The Storm's (he will always be BL to me) assertion auto CBing can be a leak, asking him if it means against certain opponents he must be willing to call down thin. I then asked, more generally, if against certain types of opponents the loss of information by not CBing might be more than offset by exploiting aggressive tendencies. Yes, it depends on hand reading and your confidence in your ability to think at a higher level than your opponent, but as the games get tougher and more aggressive, could the supposition that aggression (usually a good thing although usually pretty predictable) can be used against some opponents warrant not CBing automatically.

My reply (that you quoted in the response I am quoting above) was to clarify my thinking. Clearly I was not communicating effectively as your reply about player thinking at "low limit" and "high limit" poker in relation to CBing missed my point. Getting into the example seems a little silly, as it is so situational. I can create scenarios with specific opponents that I would call down with AK unimproved, and you can create many examples where that is a huge leak. But the core of my comments was to validate some thoughts I have been having lately that as the online games evolve it is prudent to examine some long held notions in order to stay ahead of the competition. TP's first post in this thread probably accurately represents my thoughts on CBing right now, but I haven't actually thought if that is the best way to play in a long while. Recently I started to think about it and thus Storm's comments struck a nerve.

So I ask you, do you think CBing AK on a T44 flop is always the right move in a HU pot? This question seems to get to the heart of where this thread is at currently.