View Single Post
Old 09-16-07, 02:31 PM
Talking Poker League Champion

de-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

This seems to mostly stem from some anecdotal "evidence", a few HH's and a PT screenshot.

There's a player that has some pretty strange numbers over a 500 hand sample (from the screenshot). The basis for condemnation here is that over this sample the guy is way ahead, playing a lot of hands and has a river AF of infinity (which means that he never calls a river bet - at least that's what's been posted).

The anecdotal evidence along with the HH's seem to indicate that he always folds the river when behind and bets/raises when ahead including some really strange calls (but why else would they be posted). I don't think it's anything a really bad wouldn't do and the play on the other side sucks too - so...

It's unclear as to whether the player in question is actually seif or not. Seif is mentioned in the early posts, but then never again. Personally I find it hard to believe that any poker pro would be stupid enough to cheat in an obvious fashion. I have no doubt that many would cheat if they could, but I think they're smart enough to be subtle about it.

As for the rest of it - I see no real proof that anything nefarious is going on. Further, there's definitely no evidence that the site itself is at fault or that it's been hacked or has a backdoor to allow someone to see all the hole cards. There may be suspicious behaviour here, but it could just be some nut running good or perhaps his opponents have downloaded some kind of virus that allows him to see their cards (this is perhaps more plausible than the site having a backdoor that was hacked).

The only final weird thing that I just saw is this:

potripper's pokerdb:
Date Buyin Tournament/Event Place Entrants Winnings
9/12/2007 $1,000 NL Hold'em 1 98 $30,000.00
7/5/2007 $5 NL Hold'em 234 234 —
7/5/2007 $50 NL Hold'em 140 148 —

That's pretty strange, of course I can't verify that anything I've read is actually true at all.

I think the hype level went way up this because 2+2 moved the original thread to the mod forum so no one could see it - I think they've released all the posts by now though.

I got most of this information from the FCP forum which is outquoting sections of the 2+2 thread.