View Single Post
Old 09-24-07, 11:01 PM
Calling Station

wdson01 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default The Well? wdson01

Alright guys, it's been a long time since I have posted on here. I have been lurking for a while and figured I should post again (why not?).

I am sort of making a "well" post (sry 2p2) since my success has dramatically increased since I have last posted on here.

I am currently 17 years old (I'm pretty sure that I told you guys, if I remember correctly, that I was 26 or something) and enjoying the rest of high school.

I started my bankroll off of a friends transfer of $.30 and never loooked bank. It took me a long time to grind it up at .04/.04 LHE and was boring as hell, but it was worth it.

After I got my bankroll up to $30 from penny tables, I started playing the $1.75 18 turbos, my favortie game by far. I was maintaining a 25% ROI over 2-300 games and really enjoyed it. After a month or so, I fell into my first tilt experience.

I started chasing all of my losses at the cash tables and wasn't winning it back. I had lost all of money hard earned money excpet for $2.50. I sat at a .05/.10 PLO table and fortunately ran it up to $20, giving me a huge confidence boost. After that, I stuck strictly to SNG's where I knew I could win.

Over time, I ran my bankroll up to $400 playing mainly $1-5 SNGs and some tournies (no big cashes) until I went on my first "variance" drop. I felt like I couldn't cash in anything and continued to play when I knew I was playing bad. I eventually brought that $400 into $50.

I brought my last 50 to a PLO table once again (.5/1) and managed to double up, leaving the table with around $130. I contiued to grind the low stakes sngs, not with great success.

I tried a $3+R satellite to the Sunday Million for the 1st time (i thiknk) and won a seat! I quickly unregistered to take the T$. About a week later, I won a $4.40 LHE tourney, dominating the FT. All of my patience had finally paid off and I was having as fun as ever.

Over the months, I continued to build my bankroll by satelliting into the Sunday Million and unregistering. I had one other tourney win in 5 card draw where I chopped it heads up. My bankroll is at about $2200 and currently on a big downswing, only I am ready this time and not trying to jump stakes to chase losses. I subscribed to pokerxfactor.com where the big name pros have improved my tournament game drastically. I am continuing to try satellites out and trying to improve my game immensely. I hope by posting here more I am able to further strengthen myself and others in the community.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

wdson01