View Single Post
Old 01-28-05, 03:57 PM
Shark

bdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Points
Default please don't tap on the glass

when a good player starts yelling at a bad player, lately i have IMMEDIATELY jumped all over the good player. This does three things in my eyes 1.) The good player is angry (obviously) so it pushes him even further on tilt. 2.) it makes the bad player feel better - they will continue to play loose, or at the very least STAY (which for some reason the 'good' player wants to not happen which i always find bizarre). 3.) its FUN!

when i first started, i admit that i was a 'yeller'. I rarely do that now. What i do sometimes is slide in semi-sarcastic comments that seem like compliments. I am trying to get away from this as well. No point.

Do you know what we shoud do? We should be compliment them in a geniune way! Keep it friendly - keep them happy, keep them chasing.

The example that TP gives - the idiot who thinks he is great - is tough - but again, we WANT him to think he is great. Why try to change his mind?

Next time the dork at the table is killing you, and you feel your temperature rising - instead of taking it out on him, try taking it out on someone else that is taking it out on the dork. You still feel better - and i think its more productive. They LOVE it when you say something like "You are the typical, big-mouth complainer on these sites. Some break-even hot shot that yells and screams when someone draws out on them, but then thinks they deserve it when they catch. you guys are way worse than the people you yell at."