View Single Post
Old 01-31-05, 05:04 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default It takes a long time to learn..

Well I hate to say this but you all deserve the truth from me: I blew my bankroll again! You know the old story. I started on a small downturn to around 2200 and decided to really screw-up. The old tendencies came back and before I knew it I was out. Well, not totally. I think I have 50 bucks to rebuild with. I did take out some money before the crash too. Not nearly enough though.

If you want to hear the play by play as I am sure you do here is the basics. I was down to about 2200 around 12AM. I decided to stay up and play through it and kept going down more and more. I then make the great decision to try higher levels to get back to a decent number faster. Things were not happening fast enough I suppose. So the end of the story after a 30 hour binge that included skipping a day of work I ended up with $50+ left and very disappointed in myself. Oh well.

I am rebuilding at the .50/1 tables so if you see me there say hi! I figure I have set myself back at least 4 months, but sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards. I am hoping I will get back to fundemental Poker, learn to ignore the bankroll on a daily basis, and become a better player. This is the second time I have busted out decent sized bankrolls. It happens. It is why playing a level that your roll cannot afford is so bad. So wish me luck! I shall return!