View Single Post
Old 02-03-05, 09:01 PM
Maniac

greenbuckets has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Dealer Mistakes?

While in Vegas last week, I was in a NL game and lost a hand for $84. My two pair went down to a higher two pair, btw. The dealer matched our stacks and pushed the chips to the guy who won. In the middle of the next hand, the guy who won shouted "wait a minute! wait a minute! I didn't get the whole pot! the dealer shorted me $20!"

Play stopped and the guy started whining about being shorted $20. He just kept on saying "I need another $20, I need another $20!" I watched the dealer match the stacks and I don't think he made a mistake but this guy just kept on whining. The dealer and everyone else said the pot was right but this guy just kept on going.

The dealer called a floorperson over but he was at another table and in the interest of getting back to the game, and the fact that I was having a good night, I just gave the guy another $20. He still kept on whining though.

The floor person eventually came over and said he should have checked the stacks before the hand was over and that once another hand started, that hand was over. He just kept on whining even though I gave him $20. The house offered to give me $20 when the dealer verified I gave the other player another $20. I took the money and then left because this guy was too much to take. He was still whining when I left.

Would anyone else have given the other guy $20? I don't think the dealer was wrong but I just wanted to play more poker.