View Single Post
Old 04-12-08, 10:13 PM
<--------- dickhead

stormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

well if your going to raise 75% of your stack yes you might as well shove the QQ, because trying to play a 3k stack with blinds of 500/1000 is quite honestly pretty silly. I actually dont look at decisions in the way of im raising this % of my stack or that % of my stack I look at it more of how many big blinds im raising and how many big blinds its leaving me after I raise. If I know I have 6bb stack like 6k in chips I can not raise 3k because its only leaving me a 3bb stack so in that situation if im raising it going to be all in, BUT with a 10BB stack I can still raise and be able to fold a real bad flop because 7bb stack or 7000 chips is enough to still have fold equity on a later hand.

This is the reason fold equity is so important and why stealing and as Mr. Gordon said restealing is so important if you have a 3k stack and trying to steal from the big blind it just wont work because you are raising 3k and he already has 1k invested in the pot and there is 500 from the small blind and 25 in antes from all other players so there is about 1750 in pot even before your shove of 3k after your shove there is 4750 in the pot and he only has to call 2k to win that. So pretty much by putting in 75% of your stack you are going on a hope you pick up a monster hand in the next 10 hands. not good.