Thread: Enducing a call
View Single Post
Old 05-04-08, 10:58 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Two things:

1. When someone had a big decision to make (especially calling all in) and the other player types ANYTHING in the chat box, he is almost always very strong and trying to get a call. At least that's what I've found to be true (barring some specific exceptions where there is a lot of chat history already). If people disagree with that, say so. I'm curious.

2. I can not BELIEVE how many online players are not aware of #1.

I think it's safe to say your villain is folding here no matter what, so it doesn't hurt to chat if you want. Without him being all in and there still being action in the hand, he can't continue if he's telling the truth. So he's definitely folding. But if there is a 5% chance you can talk him into a call, why not, right?

I don't really like any of your suggestions though. I'd prefer:

"Shove and find out."
"I always have Aces when I raise."
"55 is the nuts."

Crap like that.

If you want to just quickly make up a hand you are claiming to have, I prefer all of these over what you suggested:
"QQ" (you must be lying)
"44" (you're probably lying)
"JJ" (if true, maybe he can push you off your hand)

But without you being all in and him telling you his hand, he's folding. So it doesn't matter.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker