Thread: Maniacs
View Single Post
Old 02-25-05, 07:48 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Ive had this happen to me alot... it sucks bad. You cant bluff, you cant even do much with 2nd or 3rd pair since he could have about anything.

What Ive done when Im HU vs a calling machine/maniac I will usually just be patient and wait for decent starting hands... I dont just fold every hand or anything but if I miss the flop, I wont keep firing till the river like you might vs someone who can fold.

like if Im 1st to act and have like KQ or something and the flop comes Kxx I will check to him, let him bet then raise him then just keep firing with that hand. This does work alot since Ive played guys that call down if they hit any type of hand HU.

Ive even done this with like K2 on a Kxx flop with these guys because Im so confident my top pair is the best hand by far. I just play my good hands very strongly, not hiding anything and just fold and wait it out when you dont have it.

Just remember it only takes one monster hand to bust them so dont get to frustrated if you dont hit your big hands HU right away, just stay patient and they will pay you off when they are drawing dead.