View Single Post
Old 05-25-05, 01:44 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Mmmmmmmmm, Tivo. The toy that changed my life

As for Poker Tracker, I'm in agreement with both of you. While I find the silly details interesting (see above), they don't affect how I play.... much. I won't say they don't at all though, because I am a bit mroe aware of some of my trouble hands now than I used to be.

When I fire up PT and GT+, I rarely even look at the numbers.... but I do on occasion. Maybe every 50 hands, I'll take a look around the table and check out the VPIPs mostly. I multi-table all the time, and PT helps me keep track of who has come and gone. I realize 50 hands isn't a significant sample size, but when one guy has a 78% VPIP and another has a 12% VPIP, that's telling you something right there. Yes, you could probably be aware of this without PT, but it's a lot easier using it when you are multi-tabling. I also find that while I can pick uut the maniacs at a given table easily, sometimes the tight players fly under my radar. It's like I forget about them because they aren't in many pots... PT helps me with that too.

I only use it at Party/Empire. And I never use it in tourneys. This ends up being just a fraction of the hands I play.... but like I've said, I still highly recommend it. ESPECIALLY for newer players that are still at the steep part of their learning curve. The only reason I would recommend PT for a guy like Kurn is because I'd like to see his numbers and compare them to my own to see if that helped identify any leaks...

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker