Thread: reading players
View Single Post
Old 07-24-05, 09:02 AM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Brian,

I have watched you play a few times and I agree you talk about what your hands were, why you are folding to someones bet, what you think other people had as you fold to their bet, how you would have played hands, etc, etc WAY too much.

You also play a VERY tight style (even at the limit game I was watching), which while a good style to stay out of trouble, is the type of style where you don't really want anyone...
1) noticing HOW tight you are playing (tight table image is one thing, but you want some action when you have a hand) and
2) knowing why you fold or EXACTLY what cards you play unless you HAVE to show them down.

People take notes at lower limits too and when there is any doubt what you have someone can just get you talking and you'll tell them.

I say this because I agree with others so far that this IS a really big deal and something that could urt you against the wrong table/players.

Be careful, chatting about random crap is one thing, chatting about cards (unless there is a SPECIFIC point to it) is not a good idea.