View Single Post
Old 07-26-05, 02:53 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Yes, this was a bad call with two players all in in front of him. But AK is not exactly a trash hand, either. He could very well be a new player (who happens to have plenty of "real life" money) and knows enough about poker to be dangerous. ie, "AK is a very good starting hand."

Not everyone plays poker at a high level, or even half decently for that matter. I, for one, am glad. If everyone out there was exactly as good of a player as I am, I would be a long term loser, thanks to the rake. But because I'm above the "average," I'm able to be a long term winner.

This is a good thing.

One more thing to consider about the bad beats you see.... you only see them BECAUSE the other guy won the hand. When he doesn't catch his miracle river card and folds, you don't see his hand. When he calls you down with bottom pair and your hand holds up, you don't see his hand (unless you go look, like I always do, but even then, it's more subtle). Bad beats stand out in our memories because they are throw in our face. EVERY single time someone sucks out on us and takes down a pot, we see their cards. But we don't see the garbage they are losing with. It's a matter of perception.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker