View Single Post
Old 09-12-05, 07:45 AM
Fish

CheeseMind has less than 10 Rep Points
Default You don't call these bad beats? I expect top pair to hold up???

So my JQo hand was played badly? I would like you to explain how I played each hand badly, if you would. I know I'm new and I definately have alot to learn, but I don't think you really read the hands I listed. Only 1 of the 6 beats I listed, did I go all in with top pair. Also, on the hand that I went all in with top pair, I HAD THE BEST HAND. You wouldn't call these bad beats?
If I had won even an equal amount as I lost, I wouldn't think anything wrong.
Like Talking Poker said, even 4 to 1 advantage I can still expect to lose 20 percent. But I lost 6 out of 8 times I went all in, all night long. And the only
2 times I won, I had the WORST hand going in, both times!!

This might just sound like 1 bad night, or some type of fluke. But this happens quite a bit more than you might think. I have entire sessions as bad, or worse than this one. With number of all ins lost more than won, with
percentages most of the time. I don't call that statistical. I really wish I had some way of analysing my hands, because I seriously believe so far on pokerstars I am far from statistical normal. Here's an explaination of the beats, since I don't think you read them. And if you would be so kind as to explain which hands I played like a noobie, and maybe explain how you woulda
played it differently? I could use the help. Thx.

The first hand I have KK and the BB is 20. I raise to 140. SamuelRoth raises
all in with 10-4 of clubs. The flop comes 6 8 3 5 2 giving him the straight.
Did I play this wrong JDMcNugent??

The second hand I get KQ spades and the BB is 50. I raise to 200. 2 people call. The flop comes 7c As 8s. Now I only have a nut flush draw right here, and I probably shouldn't go all in. But its been probably an hour and I hadn't hit a single flop. This is the best lookin one I've seen in a while. I go all in figuring that unless one of the 2 hit the flop hard, I could steal the pot and I have decent outs if I get called. I am also the short stack right now, and I'm needing the chips. The guy who calls me has 6h 4s. That's right, he's got an inside straight draw. The next 2 cards are 4h and 4d. Come on.

The third hand I get AKo and the BB is 50. I raise to 250. Sexy frenchy calls with 65 clubs and is all in. The flop comes 773. Right here, I predict the bad beat, and declare that the underdog will win. The turn comes Q, the river 5 giving sexy the win. This is probably my weakest all in hand of the night, altho it was only 150 chips, and it is closer to a coin flip than any other of the beats I have that night.

The 4th hand I get QJo and I'm the BB at 150. Someone raises to 1k, and I called. You can say this was a bad call, but old boy was shortstacked and needing to make a move, and the call was 1/7th of my chips. I figure if I dont hit I only lose 1/7th of my total. One person behinds me calls also. The flop comes 2h Qd 8h. I have top pair and I guess that I have the best hand atm (which I did) so I go all in to push the guy that called after me, out of the pot. He has Ah 7d. That's right, he has nothing but an overcard, and a possible flush if 2 hearts come in a row. Guess what happens. That's right, 2 hearts in a row, a 4 and 5. I played this hand badly? This is the only one where I have top pair. Probably shouldn't have made the first call, but I don't think I played this hand as badly as you insinuate.

The 5th hand I get pocket 7's with BB at .10cents. Someone raises to .30cents and I call to see the flop. The flop comes 2d 9h 7s. That's right, I hit my set. Now my opponent has TT, so he was better pre-flop, but now I have him right? He bets .70cents and I go all in. The board pairs on the turn with a 9 giving me a full. The only thing that will save him at this point is a 10. 2 outs to save him. Guess what. 10 on the river.

The last hand I have 7d 9c in the BB at .10cents. I only have to call another .10cents to see the flop so I do. The flop comes 7h 9d 2s. I know someone will call, as there has been a ton of dumb calls at this table, so I go all in. Someone has KK and calls me. Yes, he was better pre-flop, but after the flop I am better. I understand his call though having an overpair, although he should have known I wouldn't go all in with just a top pair, as I've been playing extremely conservative and haven't bet much at all this table session. Anyways, the board pairs on the turn giving him a higher 2 pair. This is the only one I would consider not a bad beat, even though I did have the best hand when the money went in.

So as you can see, every beat I named, I had the best hand going in, most cases by far, and ended up losing. Now if I had won more than lost, on these types of hands, I wouldn't be here right now talkin about it. But these were the ONLY TIMES I was confident enough to go all in the entire time I played that night. There were only 2 other times I went all in and I actually won those, and you know what's ironic? Both of those times I had the WORST when the money went all in, and those are the only 2 I won.

So when I see myself losing 6 out of 8 times going all in, where I had a better hand all 6 times when the money went in. And then the 2 times I have the worst hand are the only 2 that I win. Now I understand that poker is like that, and such. And if I won alot of all in pots that night, and I have these beats, then it would totally be within normal variance I'd think. Bad beats do happen. But on the only large pots that I decide to play? And on every single one where I am ahead when the money goes in? That doesn't seem "statistically" right.

P.S. This happens to me almost every day here. I guess it's just me. I'll start waiting for the nuts before going all in, if I'm playing these hands wrong. I am a newb, but this doesn't seem right. If it is, then I need to play more conservative than I have been. Thx for your time.