View Single Post
Old 09-13-05, 12:30 PM
Shark

Windbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default WCOOP #9 Final Deal

Was this one of the worse final deals ever made?

The play gets to heads up for the 7 card WCOOP final. The two remaining players decide to chop it by going 30k each and winner gets the title and the remaining dough. The remaining prize pool was about 11.5k. At this point the limit structure has already been capped and will never increase any further than the 15/30k limits with 2000 antes.

The two players had about the same amount of chips after this point. After about an hour and a half or so, they're still playing since the blinds are relatively small compared to the size of the original starting stack. However, one player did get a 2:1 chip lead at this point. I think the guys got really tired of playing when they decided to just split the remaining money equally and have a coin flip for the bracelet.

At first they asked PS to do an actual coin flip to decide the winner. Lee Jones said that wasn't possible. So instead they decided to chop the money equally right away. And cap every street on the next hand. The winner of the hand would win the bracelet.

The person with the 2:1 chip lead did win the bracelet and was the game ended on that hand. Didn't this guy give up way too much money on this deal? I don't know...it was getting late....maybe he had something important to do this morning, but seems like he had a significant advantage and should have continued to play it out to me.